Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: buy music

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi, I was wondering where is the best website to buy house, dance, trance, etc In Itunes the choice is so small for these kind of music !any ideas ?
plus, i have a very important question, once we are on Radio online , we have to mix bought CDs ? or paid downloadd songs. But if my friends gave me there cd, and I copied it in my pc , is it wrong if we mix that ? I don't use kazza or other stuff to get my music i buy it on napster or itunes . But what should I do with the copy that I made ???????
thanks a lot !

Posted Sun 27 Nov 05 @ 7:41 am
for digital downloads..

www.beatport.com
www.stompy.com
www.bleep.com
www.trackitdown.com
www.djdownload.com

plus a lot of websites for individual downloads now have mp3s in their shops

hope this helps:)

Posted Sun 27 Nov 05 @ 10:35 am

Posted Sun 27 Nov 05 @ 2:55 pm
thk you :)

Posted Sun 27 Nov 05 @ 8:29 pm
if you live in UK, USA or Candada, Virtual DJ got built-in support for legal downloads from the new Napster... :)

Get an account, stream and download.... .easy as 1-2-3 ;)

Posted Sun 27 Nov 05 @ 8:43 pm
When did this happen? None of my Napster downloads will play w VDJ but I haven't tried it w 3.2.

Posted Fri 02 Dec 05 @ 10:03 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
3.2 update = Global database (Napster support) ;).

Posted Fri 02 Dec 05 @ 11:00 am
dudaahHome userMember since 2006
www.groovegate.com is nice. :)

Posted Sun 21 Jan 07 @ 2:18 pm
I've done a search and tryed some of the legal music download sites recommended in these forums. They either have a limited selection or they won't play in vdj. Limewire is the only site I know of that will work in vdj, but don't know if that's legal. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Posted Tue 30 Jan 07 @ 9:51 pm
J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
My Beatport tracks play just fine in VDJ!

Posted Wed 31 Jan 07 @ 12:00 am
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
@Mark19401

While the 'choice' on Limewire is good for stuff like remixes and all that, the fact is that it's actually not a legal 'download' site. It's actually a P2P site, more of a filesharing service.

I used to use it myself and found lots of good stuff that I use, but it's not legal. It's sites like these that are driving record companies bonkers because you don't pay for the music. Ok, so you pay a 'membership fee', but that's not for the licence to download the music.

You need to watch as well as some of the files have been known to be infected. There's a thread on the boards somewhere with a video in it that explains how you can pick up small computer infections which over time can harm your pc.

On the good side I suppose, if you can call it that, most of the files you get on Limewire are MP3's, which is why you will find that they are playable on mp3. When you but a track/album from HMV, Napster or anything, you need to first of all burn it to cd, then re-rip to your pc as an MP3 file. You will find after that that they play just fine on Virtual DJ.

On the bad side, the mp3's that you find on Limewire are generally of low quality, which isn't good as a pro dj.

So, if you're gonna use Limewire and sites like these, just watch what you're downloading, and keep your virus software up to date.

(",)

P

Posted Wed 31 Jan 07 @ 12:42 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)