Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: headphones headphones headphones

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ok well i finally decided to make my own headphone cue system.

I had my family mail me a stereo headphone splitter out here. unfortunatly they mailed me a duplicator!! so that didnt work out lol.

I am currently using computer powered computer speakers with a sub. it takes one minijack input and splits it into 2 mono RCAs. then there are 2 mono output RCAs that goto speakers.

So i first tried using one of the RCA out puts and cutting a spare wire to use one channel of the output from the powered sub to headphones. which worked great except for the fact that of course the bass from the cueing track was coming out the sub... DUH!

heres what worked.

I took a broken CD player i have here and broke it even more lol. Actually i just unsoildered the minijack out put for use. so what i finally came up with is.

from the laptop
minijack to wire, wire split one to input on sub, one to headphones, (i doubled both the connections up so i have the mono signal coming out of both speakers, and both sides of headphones).

so basically i rigged up everything all hard wired and soildered. it works so no complaints here

lol

I'm ready for my djconsole!

Posted Sat 26 Nov 05 @ 8:42 am
Cool. Great Idea.

MS

Posted Sat 26 Nov 05 @ 5:00 pm
yeah too bad i use playstation 2 usb headset now lol

Posted Sat 26 Nov 05 @ 5:23 pm
after reading posts about headphones, i decided to but the maya44 usb
i probably won't get it for another week
in the meantime i decided to buy a psp headset so i can practice mixes, etc
it is giving me terrible lag when i start up the cuesd up turntable
and suddenly i can not use beatmatch very well
any idea on how to uninstall this???
i already changed the configuration in sound card back to the first one
thanks all

Posted Mon 12 Dec 05 @ 4:59 am
yeah ran into same issue, if you only listen to your cueing track in ps2 headphones and listen to master output thru speakers you will get some latency in between the too.

this is due to the fact that it is a usb headset made for a playstation.

if you use a skin where you can change what you hear in headphones it will work although it may still throw you off.

when i still used mine i set the headphone cue to mix of deck1 and 2 both, yes there will be latency between what is playing and what you hear in headphones, but if you hear both tracks in headphones and line them up that way they will be correct when output to master out.

i ran into another problem with the ps2 headset though.

for some reason it was causing my waveform/music to skip ahead about 2-3 beats, only hapend once every 5 minutes though. i think this is again due to the fact that it isnt designed for dj headphoe cueing lol

anyway others may not have this issue and this may be a great alterative to someone who has a laptop with built in soundcard and wants to cue and still use built in speakers, or someone who just wants to cue and still have stereo master out

-gauge

Posted Mon 12 Dec 05 @ 8:38 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)