Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: MK2 Mapper - Bug or Misuse?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

S1GUEPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'm putting together a custom MK2 Mapper and if I do this...

SendAction("pitch", "1", "2048", true);

...everything is ok, however if I do this...

SendAction("pitch", "1", "+8", true);

...or this...

SendAction("pitch", "1", "-8", true);

I get a crash. This seems to be the same for all actions where I need to use a +/- parameter. Am I doing something wrong here or is there a bug? Can +/- parameters actually be used with SetAction or do I need to recalc the actual pitch myself in code? (The DMC1 Mapper seems to do this).

Thanks,

S1GUE

Posted Fri 25 Nov 05 @ 3:00 pm
ADDENDUM: It's not a problem with using +/- as I can call the jogwheel action quite happily. Why doesn't pitch +/- work though?

...and another question while I'm at it. How do I pick up the Hecules DJC config settings? E.g. The:

Invert Pitch/Volume
Use Stick To Scratch
Use Jogs To Scratch

S1GUE

Posted Fri 25 Nov 05 @ 3:50 pm
I've had problems in the DAC-3 mapper I'm writing with SendAction() where a const char * value is used as the value for the action (Causes a crash.)

I use the following to get around this:

inline char *CharStr(const char *val,char *str) { strcpy(str,val); return(str); }

Then in the code, I declare a char array of suitable size, e.g: char buffer[128];

I can then do the following:

SendAction("pitch","1",CharStr("-8"),true);

Posted Fri 25 Nov 05 @ 4:44 pm
Thanks for that. My mapper is working fine now. Just have a couple of MK2 event questions now I guess. Does anyone know what triggers the DJC_MP3 and DJC_DECK_LOOPBACK events?

S1GUE

Posted Sun 27 Nov 05 @ 5:51 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Personnaly i renamed DJC_MP3 in DJC_MONITOR And for DJC_DECK_LOOPBACK , i don't know and i don't think that it is used in the defaulf mapper

Posted Sun 27 Nov 05 @ 9:06 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)