Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Stanton Dj Lab 3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

dj_cashPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hello guys... It was a long time ago I writed something on the forums...
Now I just wanted to ask that is the package Stanton Dj Lab 3 good..? (2 x Stanton T 80, don't remember wich mixer, but it's included, stanton headphone, slipmats and cables)
plzz tell me everythong about it.. is it good or crap..?

(sorry for my bad english :p )

Dj Cash

Posted Thu 24 Nov 05 @ 3:27 pm
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
it's ok .

Posted Thu 24 Nov 05 @ 5:30 pm
any better ideas for the same price..?

Posted Thu 24 Nov 05 @ 6:57 pm
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I've got the predecessor to the T80, i.e the Stanton str8-80, and I'm happy with it. I didn't find a better quality/price ratio. Plus they have line-out and no ground wire, so they're very practical.

I've tried the Stanton 202 mixer this month too, the cheapest model, and it's fine too. On top of that, this whole new line looks pretty good IMHO.

The needles are fine too (500 B). I don't know the headphones.

I think at this price ($599 in the states, 749Euros in Europe)you can't go wrong with this choice.

Posted Thu 24 Nov 05 @ 7:07 pm
@ djbambi
Thanx for telling me the most important things about T80.. :)
Do you know anything about the players that isn't good..? anything negative..?
:)

Posted Thu 24 Nov 05 @ 9:22 pm
----

Posted Sat 26 Nov 05 @ 9:52 pm
I don't know anything negative about them. If it's anything like its predecessor the str8-80, it's all good. heavy and sturdy, very constant platter rotation speed (I get all my vinyl into mp3s using it, and my CBGs are completely aligned from begining to end of track, showing that the pitch is very constant, normal cauz it's quartz locked).

Note that I owned a pair of Technics 1200s for ten years (loved them, nothings compares in terms of quality, sturdiness, and sobriety. Had to part with them when I left the states to come back to europe), and I did a lot of researching & trying different brands in the 200-300Euros price-range before settling on Stanton. I'm still happy with my choice :)

Posted Sat 26 Nov 05 @ 11:09 pm
ooh.. :D
..Stanton T80 has Keycorrection (Master Tempo)... If I buy Stanton T80 and TCV with VDJ... Is it any problems there..?

Posted Sun 27 Nov 05 @ 3:19 pm
nope, the key correction is optional (you turn it on/off). of course, you have to turn it off when you use TCV :)

Posted Sun 27 Nov 05 @ 6:05 pm
okey, is it on the players or on the program...?

Posted Sun 27 Nov 05 @ 8:47 pm
on the turntable: you have a key correction on/off switch. The Program (VDJ) assumes that your turntable is standard, without key correction. Key correction would negatively affect the signal being sent to VDJ by the TCV.

Posted Sun 27 Nov 05 @ 11:05 pm
okey great.. :D thanx for all help :D I have sent an order for the package, and a order for TCV's... I will soon recive it :D

Dj Cash

Posted Mon 28 Nov 05 @ 4:43 pm
No problem, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
One more thing for TCV use: you do know that you'll need an ASIO dual-in soundcard right? (such as maya44 USB or the new DJ Console mk2). Just checking...

Posted Mon 28 Nov 05 @ 4:54 pm
man, I swear.. I JUST called a person who is elling a Maya 44 soundcard.. I will buy it tomorrow :D

Posted Mon 28 Nov 05 @ 5:25 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)