Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Mix Sation SV5 1440x900 wanted

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djlexPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I love this skin but my laptops native screen is 1440x900pixels and if I maximize the sv5 version, the vdj gets blurry, I do long gigs about 6 hours and up and this is really killing my eyes, so I would be grateful if the resolution could be increased
thank you

Posted Thu 24 Nov 05 @ 7:40 am
How about a 1280 x 1024? Many more people I am sure will use this and it will help those with the 19"+ monitors...

Posted Thu 24 Nov 05 @ 2:17 pm
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
A lot of laptop screens use 1400X1050. Is there a way to convert Mix Station to that res?

Posted Thu 24 Nov 05 @ 7:35 pm
djlexPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Guys, guys unfortunately there are so many screen formats will be hard to have a skin for every single resolution but would be nice to have the most popular 3 skins to cover a large variety of screens, on the other side most of the people that are using vdj professionally are mobile so how many actually are carrying a 19 inch monitor, anyway most of the newer laptops are wide screens and there are many with 1440x900pixels, now the newer ones are even bigger resolution, considering that I paid for mine a pretty buck I'll be stuck with it for some time, so even if I use the 1280x800 @ Apopsis timecode power version (which is too bare for my needs but still a great skin) I will still miss some of the real estate on the screen, will be nice to have more info on the screen like wider fields for playlist and wider and longer area for directory tree and playlist, I don't need too many buttons since I'm using the DJ console but I will still like to have basic buttons, big, easy to read remaining time displayed on the left and right of the center, when you are mixing live and by request from a few thousands songs that is a real help.
Anyway even the video card is going to scale the resolution the play list is becoming kind of blurry which is tiring, I found that is a lot easier to read it if I use the native resolution of the display.
I would like to express my thanks to all of you that are developing skins especially to the author of mix stations for making it better for all of us that are using them, maybe we should have a poll and some incentives for this hard working guys, maybe vdj will step in to it, I would gladly pay $20 for an upgrade of my favorite skin at the right resolution but that is far from make a skin developer happy, but if many of us will do the same for the most popular skins that might have a chance to become real.

Posted Fri 25 Nov 05 @ 6:49 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Wed 30 Nov 05 @ 12:38 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)