Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Something more stable/professional than the Hercules Console?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all,

I've had my Hercules MP3 mixer console for 3 weeks now and am generally happy with it.

However, I came to this site because I'm pretty happy with virtual DJ software and am searching to see if there any MP3 mixing hardware thats more stable/professional - I will explain why...

I'm totally new to mixing but have been listening to this kind of music (soulful/funky house) for a long time and was pretty sure I wouldn't find it hard to mix - and I don't. Now I'm starting to get pretty good, I am noticing small problems with the Hercules - it's temperamental. Last night I was doing a mix and the "deck" that was playing the song suddenly started playing at many times the speed it was supposed to when I wasn't even touching anything on that side of the console - I was merely nudging the opposite jog wheel along to match the beat. This ruined my mix (this was the last tune!) and made me very angry. It's not the first time it has happened.

I want to know what other affordable options are available. I think Virtual DJ software is great, and now I see they have brought their own hardware out:

http://www.virtualdj.com/features/hardware.html

I like the look of that. Anyone know much about it? I can't find any reviews. Is this the XP10 that people talk about? What are the advantages over the Hercules?

Anyway, if you're sticking to house parties with friends, I suppose the Hercules is more than up to the job - but I'm convinced that for a few extra pounds (this new virtual DJ hardware is about £200) something more stable might be available that I could take into a small club with a laptop and not have to worry about strange glitches.

If anyone can guide me towards something they think might be suitable, please post here/pm me.

Cheers everyone

Posted Wed 14 Apr 04 @ 11:21 am
Get your console replaced by Hercules like i did.

i had the same problems, Hercules fixed it for me.

Posted Wed 14 Apr 04 @ 12:56 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)