Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Suggestions For The Rhythm Window ... - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
You guys know vdj's rhythm window is one of the best things about the program. i got some suggestions for the waveform.

1. Being able to move the Waveform left or right. left being parts already played. right parts not played.

2. Being able to set points (cue, loop, cbg etc) with combo mouse and keyboard shortcuts Only In The Rhythm Window. eg shift+right click; ctrl+left click; alt+scroll; ctrl while holding right click then left clicking on the waveform doing something...

the combination of 1 & 2 would allow one to modify the set points as the song plays without having to pause cue or stop. even tho one would be chasing the points moving the waveform.

i use nero to cut or index tracks (properties>Index, Limits, Splits) and u can zoom and move left right while the song plays.

Or 3. Being Able To Freeze The Waveform While The Song Still Plays To Set Up Points.
eg. i.e ctrl+clicking the waveform with the scroll button freezes the waveform and one can set a point (cue, loop) as the song plays. then clicking ctrl+scroll button again takes waveform to original point of song playing.

vp

Posted Thu 17 Nov 05 @ 7:27 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
number 3 is exactly what i was thinking while reading the first. to be able to pause the wave form would be a nice start but there is so much more it could do.

while the song is playing out being able to do something else with the waveform like go to the drop and set a cue point or look ahead to see the structure of the upcoming change etc etc.

and while you do this markers could position themselves on the waveform indicating 'curent + 16 beats' 'current + 32 beats' etc to allow the user to understand where the song is in relation to where they are looking. naturaly if the song could be cued using the preview ch or something so you can do more than look at the wave but hear it too.

the easiest way to do most of these things is load the song to the other deck (is there a shortcut for this like there is in serrato?) but when you are in the mix (or your doing an a cappella - instrumental blend) this is not possible. mabey the addition of sub decks C and D will help with this and that will be a better way of achieving these aims who knows this is just my 2p. let me know what you think..................

Posted Fri 18 Nov 05 @ 7:26 am
oh and you can invert the waveform so it goes left to right not right to left. its in the options

Posted Fri 18 Nov 05 @ 7:26 am

the closest shortcut to loading a song is creating shortcuts to loading the song after Search on A and B. It would be nice to be able to load the same song just by pressing a (shortcut) key (without having to go to search). or skin designers have it on their skin.
--
we can have fun with this "...waveform indicating 'curent + 16 beats' 'current + 32 beats' etc to allow the user to understand where the song is in relation to where they are looking." that and having an option for showing the time plus or minus. coz beats can be confusing to some.
-
addition decks C and D is a whole different story lol. u dont want me to start on that. lol. infact i think i should install Traktor and see how there's work. last time i touched traktor was 2 years ago.
-
yeah the closest thing would be loading a track to the other deck but thats too much work. it would be nice if it worked for multi-instance but multi-instance stuff dont save. so there's no point for loading up a multi-instance just set stuff up. actually if one could do this with multi-instance this thread/post probably wouldnt exist.

Posted Fri 18 Nov 05 @ 3:57 pm
if you find a demo let me know lol

Posted Sat 19 Nov 05 @ 8:30 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I have quite a number of ideas for developing the active waveoforms.

World the time has come to.., world the time has come to..."Abletionize" :).

That's all I'm gonna giveaway for now ;).

Posted Sat 19 Nov 05 @ 3:19 pm
wow the suspense is killing...............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
lol : P

Posted Sun 20 Nov 05 @ 5:44 am
You cheeky fuu :)

Posted Mon 21 Nov 05 @ 4:00 pm

too many mcs not enough mics - the fugees

too many system analysts not enough programmers - vp

Posted Mon 21 Nov 05 @ 5:32 pm
im training to be a systems analyst lol

oh la la la, its the way that we rock when were doing our thing
oh la la la, its the natural rhyme that the refugees bring
ooohhhhhh la la la la la la lalalalalaaaaaaaaaaa
best song on the album by farrrrrr

Posted Tue 22 Nov 05 @ 1:19 am
And..

Too many cracked version users = not enough funding for more staff.

Posted Tue 22 Nov 05 @ 2:07 am
well with this v3.2 out i dont think there'll be anything major comin out for a while.
i see the new light function impressed a lot of ppl...

and yeah i agree Bag too many cracked v users not enough $$ for programmers.

(but politics a side if the french ppl promoted this program this side of the world they'd make way more money here than the whole of europe combined. look at how well sony and toyota r doing. someone in the marketing department better wake up.)

Posted Tue 22 Nov 05 @ 3:54 pm
wonder ho long it will be til we have a 3.2 crack

Posted Wed 23 Nov 05 @ 2:19 am
i bet vpcdj does too. i remember when 2.0 came out it didnt get cracked for ages and ages. would love to know how they get out cause it pisses me off

Posted Fri 25 Nov 05 @ 5:59 am
it pisses me off too

----
i dont know whether the french have Thanks Giving holiday but this was a good update for this holiday.
i hope they come out with another update or version to boost christmas sales.

(i know some ppl in this community might not like this but all i heard out of this update was about DMX and light controlls... some ppl were as interested about that as xeo is about video djing)

Posted Fri 25 Nov 05 @ 9:56 pm
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
"i dont know whether the french have Thanks Giving holiday"

nope, we got no indians to thank out here, turkeys are safe :)

Happy Thanksgiving to you all on the other side of the pond!

Posted Fri 25 Nov 05 @ 11:38 pm
new features:
Global Database
new video transitions
DMX lights control

improvements:
side list
native DAC3 compatibility
native DJConsoleMKII full compatibility
DAC3 mapper plugin SDK
DJConsole mapper plugin SDK
XP10 mapper can map jogwheel
nuo4 compatibility (through provided midi shortcuts)
new crossfader curve: "scratch"

bugs corrected:
fast database save on exit
accurate IP reported for embeded broadcast server
midi now uses midi-channel info
VirtualDJ can still run without DirectX 9
loop behind song's end corrected
new actions:
ScratchWheel, SmartSeek
Video_select_fx
dmx,dmx_color,dmx_chase,dmx_strobe,dmx_black,dmx_flash,dmx_setvalue

Not bad for another FREE update, and as a 3.1 release, also included is High quality timestretch which is TOO demanding.

That's why I expect another update in the non distant future to fix this as it's being worked on as we speak.

Posted Sat 26 Nov 05 @ 2:52 am
lol why would you be pissed off at having a free up to date version vpcdj? lol i wouldnt have been. it only pisses me off cause ive bought it and the money i have spent has gotten me nothing other than peace of mind (i dont use the skins and effects etc on the web site, personlaly i dont like them). VDJ is all about new features not about perfecting existing ones. time stretch has sucked since version 0 and they still havnt actualy fixed it...........

Posted Sat 26 Nov 05 @ 4:56 am
Timestretch is still under developement, the current one is a bit unfinished but just released to get the other features out their.

Posted Sat 26 Nov 05 @ 9:05 am
i know its imenent but what im trying to say was it was leaft unfixed for a long long while regardless of pressure from users since the begining. it just serves as a very good reminder that 'Brand New Features' sell more coppies than 'Existing Flaws and Defficiencies Finaly Fixed'

Posted Mon 28 Nov 05 @ 4:28 am
83%