Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: ID tags & images as video

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

li125PRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'm wondering is it possible to use VDJ video function to display album covers and the corresponding ID tags?
I was thinking of, while playing a track also projecting the ID-tag info (track name, performer and year) along with a scan of the album or 12"/7" cover? Maybe in a scrolling & pan/zoom method to make it more vivid.
Is extra text, like 'who asked fort this track' or 'who loves who' also possible to display in a sort of free-text-box?

Is this possible with VDJ v3.1?
I have no experience with attaching/importing cover-images in mp3 files, how is this best done?

Posted Wed 16 Nov 05 @ 10:57 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
yer you can play video, slide shows a whole lot of things. then what you can do is add text to the top of that so you can announce things, special messages etc. you can move the text about the screen and change its colour etc etc. its cool :)

Posted Wed 16 Nov 05 @ 11:29 pm
li125PRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'm not looking for videos but rather to display static images.
Album & disc covers along with the ID-tag info like track, artist and year. I don't think this possible

Posted Thu 17 Nov 05 @ 11:13 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
what you can do at the moment is set up pictures (could be album covers or whatever) but i dont think there is any way currently to make it display a picture depending on the song. if they integrate milkdrop or a way of doing so there are ways to achieve what your trying to do.

Posted Fri 18 Nov 05 @ 6:24 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
just a crazy idea .

Use Ulead VideoStudio (which i have). Load an image in the timeline and add the mp3 song. Then you can create a video clip showing the picture of the CD album while in the meantime you hear the song.
Crazy?..Yes!!!. But it works !!!

Posted Sun 20 Nov 05 @ 1:28 am
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
DJDad,

Great idea. And because the visual is static, using any kind of compression should result in a relatively small video file, especially if you reduce the keyframe rate (if that's possible in Ulead.) For a static image, you really only need 1 keyframe, then the rest would be deltas and they would be minimal.

Someone let us know your results if you try this.

Posted Mon 21 Nov 05 @ 7:13 pm
Actually, this is an exhausted method. Imagine to do this with all your music files. What our friend is asking is what MusicmatchBox (Program) does. It uses the ID3Tag V.2 and shows in a small square the CD Album Front image, which is loaded usually while ripping with the program or downloading music files from their musicstore or Itunes as well. What i proposed above was a way to travel from Paris to London through Moscow !!!

Posted Wed 23 Nov 05 @ 12:23 am
You'd better ask for it in the new feautures Forum.

Posted Wed 23 Nov 05 @ 12:26 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)