Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: loop points

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Ok this may be possible already but i'm not sure.
I thought it would be a nice idea if you could save loops in tracks similar to the same way you save cue points within tracks.
Also, is it possible to:
1- put the samples pad out throught a third channel.
2- change the pitch/speed of your samples.

Re-Evolution

Posted Wed 16 Nov 05 @ 8:41 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
dont think you can change the speed of the samples other than by using their beat lock function and speeding up or slowing down the main deck. and if you go to advanced configuration in the sound card settings you will find endless ways to route your audio if you have enough outputs to use

Posted Wed 16 Nov 05 @ 11:35 pm
oh and capdown kick ass! and so does london come to think of it!

Posted Wed 16 Nov 05 @ 11:36 pm
Yeah capdown are class!
I think it would be good if you could have more control over the samples, like speed and it seems to me they dont always start from the beginning of the sample, they seem to be matched up to the music in some way by the software- I just think it would be nice if maybe you could have a little more control over the samples, maybe in a future update- what does everyone else think?

Re-Evolution

Posted Wed 16 Nov 05 @ 11:50 pm
also- maybe i'm beeing blind here, but i can't seem to find the advanced soundcard setup, how do i do this?

Re-Evolution

Posted Wed 16 Nov 05 @ 11:53 pm
open up the settings thing (the button says config, its up near the close etc buttons) then go to the sound card menu and go to the one that has a picture of a load of sound crads and a mixer joined up by a 'square of ambiguity' lol

Hint: it says advanced configuration in the box : )

Posted Thu 17 Nov 05 @ 12:17 am
yer about the samples, if the beat has drifted off the cbg marker and you press it when it should play the software will think that the sample is being triggered early and play the sample so that the start lines up with where it thinks the beat is. you cant turn off quantizing of sample start to VDJs CBG but you can set it to be more precise so you can set it to quantize to the nearest 1/4 beat. for most vocal and ambient loops the acuracy is not that crucial so you can usualy get away with this.

Posted Thu 17 Nov 05 @ 12:26 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I agree with more control over samples. This should be posted in the improvement forums. BPM for sample would be great.

Posted Thu 17 Nov 05 @ 2:21 am
no one reads the new feature forum, least of all the development team i suspect lol

Posted Thu 17 Nov 05 @ 3:47 am
Hope they read BUGS forum at least :-)

Posted Thu 17 Nov 05 @ 11:16 pm
What bugs forum, there are no bugs in this software. On a serious tip, thank you DJ Xeo. I did not know about the advance soundcard config. Now I can send my samples to my onboard sound card, which gives me greater control. See what happens when you read post, you think have nothingto do with you?

Posted Fri 18 Nov 05 @ 5:01 am
i use to have atomixmp3 but now i moved to virtual dj.....i have 3.2......full version......but i m having trouble with the loop.......when i make it 1/8 or 1/4, it doesnt stay over the beat i put........the loop shits a little......i like techno, n i want to do a loop of 1/8 for a few sec, but doesnt stay there, not like atomixmp3.....just at the exact stop. plz help me

Posted Thu 05 Jan 06 @ 5:51 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)