Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Support for Visual Plugins like in Winamp (Milkdrop, AVS and Co.)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Yes, I know, I've not bought Virtual DJ yet but still would it be possible to implement a Winamp visuals support especially for the Plugins named above?
These Plugins are really professional and ought to bring a lot of variety into "video" djing.
If this is not going to happen, could you maybe make out another way of having these really nice plugins working with Virtual DJ.
(maybe I only didn't get the feature in the v3.1 Trial ... - if so, thank God and sorry for the stupid question, if not, please, please, please... :P )

greetz Merlin

Posted Sat 29 Oct 05 @ 2:35 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Right; at present Sonic visual plugins are already supported; maybe in the future.

Posted Sun 30 Oct 05 @ 11:04 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
running a vis like milkdrop or r4, guiso is verry demanding and will make the music skip unless you have the priority set well and then the vis will jump. basicly thats not going to happen but both AVS and milkdrop through winamp can bind to a line-in as their input and R4 does this as standard so the solution is to use a second computer to generate visualisations as doing 2 on one machine is not going to go smoothly. after all they wont be doing that in the club they will have lots and lots of separate machines doing each little thing just for stability

Posted Wed 02 Nov 05 @ 3:32 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
There is a serious demand lately from the most professional users to keep thinks SIMPLE, and focusing to the existing features and bugs especially for the AUDIO part of the program.
Requests like this work the opossite way...
Virtualdj version 3 is already full of features right now.

Posted Wed 02 Nov 05 @ 7:08 pm
I agree with Apopsis. Some already mentioned improvements should have more priority than adding changing video functions.
On the other hand I like these requests. Each idea is one and could be nice. It could be added to the list of the developers for future versions after all audio functions are perfect.
Ewout

Posted Fri 04 Nov 05 @ 8:47 pm
thing is you wont ever get it 'perfect' so the video etc updates will be waiting an infinate time lol, but seriously tho if i ever say that i like the sound of a new video idea i want it to go without saying that i want any new audio feature to take precedent over it! i want decent time strech, vinyl sound emulation, absolute/relative TCV/TCCD and some provision for the cool feature of 'where it would have been' lol (great name ahy!?)

Posted Sat 26 Nov 05 @ 5:20 am
I agree with apopsis myself but I just though it would be a nice thing if it wasn't so hard to do (as it obviously is) because it opens a real new world. I always wished for Winamp having great Mixing Plugins - now I found the best Mixing Software ever (as far as I can tell from the trial :P) but even with the limitations it's just great - it only leaks my wonderful visualizations :)

Of course bug fixing and improving the Audio performance is the prime thing to work on!!!

Merlin

Posted Wed 14 Dec 05 @ 11:13 pm
Milkdrop's code is now open source, so i would think it wouldn't be too hard to incorporate (of course, I could be wrong).

Posted Fri 23 Dec 05 @ 6:07 pm
the code for milkdrop may be but it still needs to be run by a host application, eg winnamp. correct me if im wrong computer experts. but there are a ton of things that could be changed with VDJ, this being one fo them. if the code is free, compile it as a pluggin lol. blatently not possible but would be cool if it was lol.

Posted Sat 24 Dec 05 @ 1:11 am
lol ive allready said what i was going to say but since noone has said anymore im gonna say some more. i love everyoneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. including your mum.......................and your sister. and guess what....................................i wnat virtual djs babies

Posted Sun 25 Dec 05 @ 3:37 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)