Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Wide screen skin - 1280x800 to 1920x1200 conversion?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

First let me start out by saying I know you can't get the wide screen 1280x800 skin to fit a 1920x1200 laptop unless the laptop can already support it. My question is how do I change the the skin itself to 1920x1200?

Posted Fri 28 Oct 05 @ 4:38 am
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
You would have to 'stretch' the bitmap by 150% in the x and y dimensions, and then you would have to go into the XML and multiply all X and Y corrdinates and sizes by 1.5 as well (including font sizes.)

The bitmap stretching is best done through PhotoShop. MS Paint can do it but with fuzzy results.
To edit the XML file, you can use the perl script that I have posted in my blog (you will need to be running a perl interpreter though.) There is also a newer copy of my script floating around that was improved by some other users. I haven't tried it, but I am confident that it is worth trying if they can point you towards it.

Posted Fri 28 Oct 05 @ 5:29 pm
Thanks for your help. I can use Photoshop but I never used perl. I'm not sure if I want to learn a programing language just to make one skin fit my computer screen.

BTW, I said it was 1280x800 but in fact it's the 1440x900 default skin I wanted to increase. Maybe I'll just wait until VDJ makes one. Large 17" laptops are perfect for mobile DJ's like me and I'm sure they will make one sooner or later. :)

Thanks again.

Posted Fri 28 Oct 05 @ 9:59 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)