Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Questions! Please Help

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Rory05PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi,

I've got my HDJ Console a few weeks now and it's great, but I've got a few questions to ask before I go out and spend a lot of money on the newest version of VDJ! So I'd be very greatfull if someone people can help me.

First thing is what are the advantages of using an external mixer and CD decks (such as Pioneer CDJ 1000s) with Hercules. I can sort of see why you MIGHT want a mixxer put also having to CD decks?? Wouldnt that kind of defy the point of the computer?!?! I have seen a lot of pics of this kind off setup and the Hercules Console is usually off in the corner.

Also what exactly is the ASIO option for? Is that for using MIDI keybords etc?

I'm very impressed with VDJ and think it's a great piece of software but before I go an spend a lot of money (like I mentioned before) I really do need some answers!

Thanks for your time,
Rory

Posted Thu 20 Oct 05 @ 12:56 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Well for starters glad your liking it so far....cd decks or turntables would allow you to control the music with your hands through timecoded either cd's or vinyl, you could perform scratching and other dj tricks that require hands on control. So for example i play all my mp3's on my turntables and never have to change the record as i just select a different mp3 to play, it basicly gives you more control over the mix and allow mp3's to be played on decks.

Posted Thu 20 Oct 05 @ 2:16 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Rory,

You could register now your console going to http://www.virtualdj.com/fusers/modifuser.html selecting "detect DJConsole" option.

Using TCCDs or TCVs give you the look and feel manage of music with your current TTs and CD-Players.

ASIO let you work with external devices (like TTs or CD-Players) and have a instant response (low latency which could be in 1ms). Not exclusive for midi controllers which can get connected devices like TTs or CD-Players or any other device (other than a PC)

Good Luck!

Posted Thu 20 Oct 05 @ 3:57 am
Rory05PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Thanks for the info guys. I've many more questions to ask, and hopefully you can answer them but I'm to tired to right them right now! So I'll be back!!

Thanks Again,
Rory

PS: I just registered my console, thanks for pointing that out.

Posted Thu 20 Oct 05 @ 9:48 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)