Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: DJ Deals .com

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
I don't know how many of you have dealt with this company, but I just found the Newmark CM200 usb for $209.00. Everywhere else this is $299, and Musicians friend just matched it, can you feel the pain....
Can you say $90.00 credit to my card????? Sure you can......Dayum, thats 30%!!!!

Searched the Gigaport and found it at $135 delivered also, which was a pretty good deal.

Just thought I'd pass this one on, they mean business on this site.

Posted Sun 16 Oct 05 @ 2:29 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
For those in UK their is www.djdeals.co.uk

They offer interest free credit, you can pay over 12-24 months.

This is where I'll buy from If I don't want to part with a lot of cash at one time.

Posted Sun 16 Oct 05 @ 3:22 pm
Some of their prices are average but a lot of stuff is way cheaper than other places I have seen. Thanks for the tip on this site Rick!

Posted Mon 17 Oct 05 @ 10:32 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
They have very good prices... I saw Maya 44 USB in $109 but they don't have it anymore... I compare some prices and they are excelent. I'm going to buy there the CM-200USB, A cousing of mine is going to bring it to me next december...

Posted Tue 18 Oct 05 @ 4:14 pm
Hooked up that CM200usb last night a complete re wire in the box naturally, but much neater without the multiple connections, patches and adaptors etc.
Just 2 neat usb harnesses and a power plug, too cool.
Plus I still have my Waveterminal as a back up when ever I need it, which is cool also.

The thing installed the drivers so fast I didn't even see with windows pop up saying it had found, installed or was ready for use messages.
I had to check in system and dammed if they weren't there and ready to go.
Opened the program, and set it up and in seconds it was working.
Found the windows volume low on one, but other than that no grief.

One little thing is the 3rd mic input is shared on #5 usb channel which is not thinking ahead imo.
Gotta make sure the duets are on channel #4 now, but other than that very happy.
Clean sound also, no hiss or hum at idle, really nice.

The Phantom DJ gives this a thumbs up, and at a price that is startling.
Thats two sound cards and a 5 channel mixer for $200, tough to beat that.

Posted Tue 18 Oct 05 @ 5:22 pm
I'm convinced, it's a 5 channel mixer (4 line and one mic) have phono inputs and a $209 price!!! it's a price of a single soundcard (for VDJ use) in much cases.

Posted Tue 18 Oct 05 @ 7:55 pm
stepupHome userMember since 2005
i not understand :s

Posted Tue 25 Oct 05 @ 5:46 pm
Got is set up with asio last night, having some hum and signal noise issues, the chassis ground brought it down some, using balanced cables also.
The sound output was pitifull with just the windows drivers.
Ran my Waveterminal through channels 2 and 5 and realized how bad it really was.

What don't you understand stepup?

Posted Tue 25 Oct 05 @ 6:51 pm
Hi stepup.

Here is a picture of the mixer Rick is referring to: http://www.numark.com/images/products/large/cm200usb_large.jpg

Here is information on it: http://www.numark.com/productoverviews/CM200USBOverview.pdf

Basically the advantage is that the computer running Virtual DJ hooks into this mixing board via a USB cable. No soundcard is required. (I'm guessing that after hooking this mixer to your computer via the included USB cable you would go to config in VDJ and will see something listed after your soundcard like "Numark ASIO driver.") The conversion from digital (MP3) signal to analog (what your eventual sound will be) is done by the mixer, not in your computer. It is an affordable mixing board designed specifically for DJs who use DVD/CD players and/or computers to do shows. I have a similar setup. I use a Mackie Onyx mixer with firewire and send my VDJ music directly to my mixer over a firewire cable instead of through my soundcard.

Numark has a reputation for putting out really good & reliable products at reasonable prices. In my opinion, this is a super deal for what it does. (If Rick can get rid of the hum...)

This might not be the best choice for a karaoke DJ for several reasons. Most notably you would want more channels and--since this board doesn't have built-in vocal effects--channel inserts for compression and a couple of aux sends to add reverb/delay on your vocals and perhaps send an unaltered signal to your optional floor speaker monitor for your singer(s). That said, if you are doing straight CD/DVD/MP3 audio and video shows this would be an excellent choice. And it is cheaper than buying a good soundcard and mixer separately.

Hi Rick:

What did you think of the Allen & Heath XONE: V6: It's only $4799 plus tax.

http://djdeals.com/allenheathXONEV6.htm

If I win the lottery I might get one.

Pardon me.. I have to wipe the drool off of my keyboard, lol.

Posted Tue 25 Oct 05 @ 6:57 pm
Well If I have enough money I go for this baby instead... http://djdeals.com/allenheathXONE3D.htm

I have to wait until december to get my CM-200USB, my cousin is going to bring it to me... Oh well, I'm sure I can get working the way we need to.

Posted Wed 26 Oct 05 @ 5:41 am
Nice piece of equipment.

MS

Posted Wed 26 Oct 05 @ 5:47 am
This is some strange sh!t.
Got rid of the hum pretty much.
Wired in a chassis ground from the mixer to the ps on the cpu.
But, when I boot with the volume up I begin to hear noise, it's pretty quiet prior to that.

However........when I open VDJ I get a low freq hum and a rhythmic beat out of it.
ONLY with the volume up high.
This program seems to generate a lot of noise I never heard before, as evident by the noise present when I start the program or pause a track with the volume up.

The asio set up is skwooowy.
I opened config to find asio for all shown in advanced settings.
But, when I try to assign the channels, I find>
usb audio device 1
usb audio device 2
usb audio device 1
usb audio device 2

Now normally I would assign deck A as device 1, device 1.
And deck B as device 2, device 2.
This did not work.
I screwed with it for what seemed like hours, finally finding proper balance and separation between channels and decks, but lost my A/B slider control for some reason, no control what so ever but still had volume.
So I went back to square one with it, gave it the finger and went to bed.

Even when I had it running pretty well, the asio manager showed all channels as "beyond logic", to me meaning something is out of whack. This seems to happen when I change config live, which I find changes nothing unless I close vdj and restart with the usual 10 minute save session each time.
Total pain in the ass.

The other thing was asio showed input channels on the usb cards despite the lack of inputs to the card on the mixer. So the cards do have the capability for sound input for you TCV guys.
ACW, I expect you to figure this out, lol.

I did read this AM that the mixer is not asio compatable.
This is not true based on the robust sound difference and level I am getting now vs before.

I did not buy this mixer based on cost.
I am sure once I/we figure it out it will be quite the killer set up.

Lots of questions still. I did find a forum btw http://mtippach.proboards40.com/

Posted Wed 26 Oct 05 @ 12:17 pm
I would not advise buying this mixer.
Mine is going back tomorrow, the hunt continues.

The odd thing is I never had noise with my Behringer.
I hear windows boot, drives spin up, and VDJ adds to the noise when it starts.
This thing is like 50 mile radar, it picks up everything.

I tried the ASIO4 all drivers, and although the sound was good quality, the stability was not.
I had sound drops when minimizing the screen, I kept losing my right channel also.
The options for channel assignment are random it seems, only once did it load up properly in order, A =1,2 B= the next 1,2.
Just a mess from start to finish, play without me thanks.
Finally figured it out though, easy solution, control panel, add remove programs BAM!
All fixed, except I still get asio driver errors, too funny.

Posted Fri 28 Oct 05 @ 3:10 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)