Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Scanning

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
When you have both MP3 and karaoke on your machine and both are scanned. Is there a way to only have the mp3 show and not the karaoke? By that I mean if you do a search for a tune it will show both the mp3 and the karaoke. I would like to not have the karaoke files show up when I only do music. ANy suggestions??

Posted Sat 15 Oct 05 @ 12:08 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
You can right click on the karaoke folder and select "remove from search"

Posted Sat 15 Oct 05 @ 2:10 am
Thanks.

Posted Sat 15 Oct 05 @ 1:59 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Another thing you can do to separate the formats is to load all the karaoke tracks into a waitlist and save it as "karaoke".
This will give karaoke a special place that can be searched all by itself without other files showing up.

Posted Sat 15 Oct 05 @ 2:27 pm
Not quite sure what you mean. Right now I have MP3 on one drive and the Karaoke on another. What I get you are saying is that the karaoke should be first loaded into the playlist and then saved as (IE playlist karaoke). Is this correct?

Posted Sun 16 Oct 05 @ 2:43 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
What I do is just sort the songlist by path when looking only for a particular type of media.
All my Karaokes are under the 'T:\Karaoke' folder, MP3s are in 'T:\Music', and videos are in 'T:\Video'
So when a search is run, Karaokes show up first, followed by MP3s, followed by videos. To reverse that order, click the path header again.

When I used to keep the different media on different logical and/or physical drives, I mapped the drives as K:, M: and V: and sorted by the 'drive' field instead.

I had suggested that different kinds of media show up in different colors, and hopefully this was taken seriously, as the little blue 'V' or 'K' is not only hard to see, but turns to a red 'X' for all types of media after loading into a player for a short time, and is then indistinguishable.

Posted Tue 18 Oct 05 @ 4:29 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)