Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: DAC 3 OWNER GIVE US SOME REVIEW

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

TO ALL DAC 3 OWNER CAN YOU PLEASE GIVE US SOME REVIEW BEC. IAM PLANNING TO BUY ONE.
HOW THE JOG WHEEL WORKS CAN YOU SCRATCH AND BACK SPIN ON IT? AND HOW IS THE BUTTONS
CAN YOU BE ABLE TO MAP IT? HOW DO YOU COMPARE TO DAC 2? AND ALSO HOW IS THE LATENCY? OVER ALL DO YOU LIKE THE DAC 3?

Posted Mon 10 Oct 05 @ 4:24 pm
bmac16PRO InfinityMember since 2005
I just got my DAC-3 last week. I love it. I just sold my XP10's on Ebay. You can currently customize the Dac-3 via the short cuts using the controller as a midi device. You can find the drivers in the download section. We are waiting for native support so it can be customizable just like the XP10 directly through VDJ. Once native support happens the DAC-3 will light up when you press the play button or cue button (Just an example). Currently with MIDI support it doesn't light up but it's mappable through the shortcut XML in VDJ. Alot more buttons on the Dac-3 than the Dac-2. I had a Dac-2 and sold it in a day and then went with the XP10's. The next level is now the Dac-3.

You can scratch with the jog wheels however it's not as good as the XP10 since it's not touch sensitive. You have to press down on the "hold" button to scratch. However spinbacks are much easier than the XP10's. If you are more interested in scratching I'd suggest the XP10's.

Good Luck!

Posted Mon 10 Oct 05 @ 9:29 pm
BizzitHome userMember since 2005
I have the DAC-3 working on the PCDJ-FX and it's very cool (the controller not the software), but if this controller will work properly on the VDJ software (display and LED's), i'm willing to buy a copy and start using the VDJ tomorow.
IT'S A VERY POWERFULL DJ CONTROLLER. VIRTUAL DJ GUYS THEY SHOULD CONSIDER UPDATING THE SOFTWARE FOR THE DAC-3 TECHNOLOGY. THIS IS THE ULTIMATE REMOTE FOR DJ'ING.

Posted Tue 11 Oct 05 @ 12:11 am
bmac16PRO InfinityMember since 2005
If you don't mind me asking. How did you get it to work with PCDJ?. It's funny, the controller works with VDJ but I can't get PCDJ's VMFX to recognize the controller. In the configuration I test it but it says "DMC Not Found". I don't want to use PCDJ FX but I do want to see how the controller looks when everything works properly.

Thanks

Posted Tue 11 Oct 05 @ 1:23 am
You have to get the latest PCDJ update version 7.3.1001PCG. This version contains the support for the DAC-3 (on the comunication menu you will see com1,com2,com3,...scroll to the end......DAC-3) and then click test.

Posted Tue 11 Oct 05 @ 7:04 am
I've had the DAC-3 for over 2 weeks now. It's a very professional and solidly built controller with a similar look, layout and feel to a pro dual-CD player (Very similar to Numark CDN88.) The buttons are very responsive and feel very high quality (Rubber with a high quality switch behind them.)

If my preset is used (The default in the driver downloadable from VDJ doesn't work properly with VDJ), all of the buttons, jog wheels and pitch sliders can be mapped via MIDI to any mappable VDJ function. Unfortunately, the pitch is inverted due to a bug in VDJ MIDI support (Up speeds up rather than slows down) - This will not be a problem when native support is available.

The LCD displays, indicator lamps above various buttons and back-lit play/cue do not currently work with VDJ (This is not possible via MIDI), but will work properly when native support is available.

Compared to the XP10, the buttons and build quality are both superior (XP10 is more portable though due to being smaller/ligher, plus convenient built-in sound card.) The DAC-3 jog wheels are good for cueing and spinbacks (Near impossible on XP10 without the spinback effect), but scatching is more difficult than XP10 due to not being touch-sensitive and smaller.

Posted Tue 11 Oct 05 @ 2:03 pm
Without having either touch sensitive jog wheels or motorized jog wheels, you can’t scratch “professionally” with this “professional” controller.

OO

Posted Tue 11 Oct 05 @ 9:27 pm
I'm still waiting for the native support. Like i said before, DAC-3 controller is the perfect match for Virtual DJ software. I did a big mistake to buy the controller with the PCDJ software... hey, but at least i have the controller.

Posted Wed 12 Oct 05 @ 6:16 am
Hi
Like some others here I bought the DAC-3 but am not too keen on PCDJ.

For a non-technical person like me, can anyone tell me how to use the DAc-3 with PCDJ. Or am I better just waiting for a VDJ update?

Andy

Posted Fri 04 Nov 05 @ 7:21 pm
TileTomPRO InfinityMember since 2017
You can post your message on the Visiosonic forums to get to a larger user base of PCDJ users.

Posted Fri 04 Nov 05 @ 9:57 pm
Native Dac3 support might be added in VDJ ;) as always... hang around and see :)

Posted Fri 04 Nov 05 @ 10:43 pm
Sorry,

I typed too fast in my previous message and made a mistake with what I posted

I should have said that i wanted to use the DAC-3 with VirtualDj because I am not too keen on PCDJ.

Sorry for misunderstandings, but grateful for any help.

Andrew

Posted Fri 04 Nov 05 @ 11:20 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
In next update will be support

Posted Sat 05 Nov 05 @ 10:21 am
You can currently use the DAC-3 with Virtual DJ via MIDI, but not all features will work until native support is added (Hopefully in next update of VDJ.) In particular:

* Pitch sliders are inverted (Up = Speed up rather than slow down.)
* LCD displays don't work.
* Lighted buttons and LED's don't work.

To get it working:

* Download and install the DAC-3 MIDI driver from PCDJ,
* Download my VDJ Preset and shortcut mappings from http://www.jcdigita.com/virtualdj
* Paste the lines from shortcuts.xml into your VDJ shortcuts file in C:\Program Files\VirtualDJ (Make a backup copy of this first.)
* Start the DAC-3 MIDI driver, select the DAC-3 in the drop-down list. Click Load and browse to the VDJ Preset.xml file. Tick the tickbox to use the preset and then start the DAC-3 MIDI driver. If you can't select the DAC-3 in the list, ensure you don't have any other MIDI devices or interfaces connected to your PC/laptop.
* The DAC-3 should now be working with any luck - See the readme.txt on my site for details of which buttons are mapped to what.

Posted Mon 07 Nov 05 @ 12:38 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)