Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Crash concerns

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Before I say anything I will say that vdj has vastly improved in its stability since its recent upgrades, however I have had a few crashes which have me a bit concerned now that the xmas period is coming and I have gigs lined up from november till jan.

The most recent being last week was wen I was playing with one of the effects "beatgrid" where it does a overlooping sequence which you can change to how you like. This kinda freaked me and I have decided never to use it again.

Another crash which just happened last week was whilst I was using my xp10's & I accidently pressed the load track button twice and that caused it to do the repetitive loop.

The last crash that I have had is what I am sure some of you may already know. This is when your at the end of a song and you use the loop function, but the song runs out before the loop has reached it cue point at the end of the loop. This isnt a big deal because I practically never get to the end of a song but yeah just raised an eyebrow.

I'm using 1gig of ram and recently formatted my laptop with a clean install and dedicated it only to vdj. Unlikely to be a hardware problem I think.

Has anyone else come across crashing scenarios which would be helpful to avoid?

Posted Mon 03 Oct 05 @ 11:27 pm
The loop/end of song bug still exists as far as I know. I haven't seen any other crashes though. I recently learned the hard way that effects can cause problems. You'll see what I mean if you download my "just clownin" video I posted over the weekend. When I press the button for the "flanger" effect, the music on both decks stops completely for about a full second. Very dissapointing. It did not crash VDJ, but I won't be using effects for live shows ever again.

Posted Tue 04 Oct 05 @ 12:16 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)