Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Panic stations

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

myselfPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I DJ'd a wedding saturday gone.
The only track I had been asked for prior to the night was 'their' slow dance track, which they e-mailed to me the night before.
The night was going really well, 8.30pm full dance floor. I then got asked to play 'their' song, so I searched for it found it and loaded it and.................aaarrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh.............it didn't load. What I didn't do was check it..........it was a .wma file which wouldn't play (I haven't yet updated to 3.1 on my DJPC). I panicked and asked for 30minutes to sort it out. Eventually I managed to reinstall windows media player (while the music was still playing!) and get it playing on there.
I announced the slow dance and played it through WMPlayer without problems. Nearly had a heart attack but all turned out well in the end.
I didn't realise that .wma wouldn't play in VDJ?!! Maybe it was DRM protected??

I am getting a separate 512mb mp3 player or portable cd player to plug into a spare channel on my mixer for future problems.

Software still rocks - I love it!!!!

Posted Mon 03 Oct 05 @ 10:40 pm
VDJ is supposed to be able to play any track that windows media player can play. That is, it uses the wmp codecs. Now that wmp is reinstalled, does the wma play in vdj?

Posted Mon 03 Oct 05 @ 10:47 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
It looks like a codesc problem. I wonder too if now you could play that wma file now since WMP was reinstalled.

Posted Mon 03 Oct 05 @ 10:53 pm
chabonkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Most of my tunes are in WMA format, haven't had any problems...YET.

Posted Tue 04 Oct 05 @ 12:42 am
myselfPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Ahhaaaaa.....good call!!
I haven't tried that yet.

Will try it tonight!!!

The reason WMP was uninstalled was to free up as much resources as possible. But will be keeping it on from now on!!!

Cheers guys!!!
Craig

Posted Tue 04 Oct 05 @ 2:04 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)