Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: TRACK ID

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

bob888Home userMember since 2005
HI TO ANYBODY AS I NEED ADVISE PLEASE ON HOW, WHEN YOU'VE RECORDED A MIX AND WANT TO BURN IT ON A AUDIO CD IS THERE A FUNCTION ON VIRTUAL DJ TO HAVE THE TRACKS I'VE MIXED TOGETHER EACH INDIVIDUALLY ID'D WITH NO GAPS BETWEEN THE TRACKS?

Posted Mon 03 Oct 05 @ 11:07 am
Not that I know of but I may be wrong - don't have it in front of me at the mo. The problem is - where do you choose where to split it ? Two tracks may overlay for over a minute on a good mix. I currently use a wave editor to split the file after the set has finished.

Posted Mon 03 Oct 05 @ 12:16 pm
That's your best bet, I usually split tracks on my mix at a defining point. I use goldwave which is a top notch wave editiong program.

www.goldwave.com

Posted Mon 03 Oct 05 @ 3:39 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
for some reason VDJ always puts .5 second gaps between songs when using split on fade, if i were recording i would do it as a whole track and split it on a seperate program, nero was always worked well for me.

Posted Mon 03 Oct 05 @ 3:47 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
I use split on fade which starts a new track whenever the crossfader goes completely to one side or the other; this works well enough for me, but if you scratch or otherwise beat on the crossfader, you may end up with too many tracks.

Also, VDJ doesn't add the .5 second delay between tracks, it's the burning software that does that. Most have the option of not leaving the .5 seconds between tracks, but not all.

Posted Mon 03 Oct 05 @ 4:28 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
It's worth trying in Virtual DJ, split tracks on fade.., If your doing basic/synced fades you shouldn't have a problem, however If a few turn out 'bad', you can put together the 2 tracks in a program like Cool edit (or any good audio editing software), and redefine manually where you want the 'split' or seperate the tracks :).

Because I use an externeral mixer I would have to record as one file anyway, and then seperate tracks as I described.

Posted Mon 03 Oct 05 @ 4:41 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Posted Mon 03 Oct 05 @ 5:03 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
The burning software is the guilty on these .5 sec gap between songs. You could change that with Nero or Roxio software in the burning options of an audio CD selection. In Roxio is under "Edit track transitions".

Posted Mon 03 Oct 05 @ 6:53 pm
I get that with Nero regardless, the default is a two-second gap, if you change it to zero you still get a very slight (yet noticeable) pause, which is a shame, I used to have a 4 speed scsi writer with Easy CD creator 4 (I think) - that worked fine - but slow !

Posted Tue 04 Oct 05 @ 12:22 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)