Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Maya vs. M-audio

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I think i found a maya 44 usb for $120 shipped. I will call tomorrow to verify they have one to ship.
I also can get an m-audio delta 44 shipped for $140.

Assuming i can get either one, what is the better choice sound card.
the price is close enough that i would be willing to pay 20 more to get the better card.

Posted Sun 02 Oct 05 @ 10:44 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003

Posted Sun 02 Oct 05 @ 10:46 pm
thanks, that is the place i was talking about, but would you recomend it over the m-audio?
I want the better card.
Any other opinios as to why one might be better than the other.

Posted Sun 02 Oct 05 @ 10:52 pm
Go with what is known to work I guess.
Tomorrow, meaning the day after you buy either one of them, is another day, lol.
You know the way it goes with technology today, it's like the weather in New England.
If you don't like it, wait a minute it will surely change.....

Posted Sun 02 Oct 05 @ 11:11 pm
i am guessing you mean the maya as the one that is known to work?

Posted Mon 03 Oct 05 @ 1:14 am
That'd be a good guess, lol.

Like I said, tomorrow may bring something new.
So join the rest of us and spend, spend, spend...

Gotta love technology.

Posted Mon 03 Oct 05 @ 1:20 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The Hercules DJ Console MK2 (not yet released) will have a soundcard ideal for the timcoded vinyls, plus it gives you some extra buttons to control effects, loops etc.

Just thought I'd mention it..

Posted Mon 03 Oct 05 @ 1:57 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

Everyone have an opinion of what is the best. If I can, I get the Maya 44 USB, but M-Audio Delta 44 seems a better soundcard and works with VDJ for sure. I also notice that some French fellows use Terratec Phase 88, and it works too. I have to stay with a Audigy 2 ZS Platinum but I feel I could get a better sound card at a better price. My Soundcard works fine and I could use TCVs and headphones cue with it.

Posted Mon 03 Oct 05 @ 4:14 am
What's up acw-dj. All in all is the virtual worth the money. And should I go with a internal or external interface.

Posted Tue 04 Oct 05 @ 8:26 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
jazworld,

VirtualDJ sure worth every cent. Is easiest to get an internal soundcard for afordable price. If you could get the maya 44 USB buy it. If not, buy an internal sound card for a desktop PC; will be cheaper than an external USB. Unless BCD-2000 from behringer comes out and you could get 2 USB sound cards and a controller for a very good price.

We still looking options. For use VirtualDJ you could use any 5.1 soundcard. For use TCVs or TCCDs the soundcard must have 2 stereo Line inputs and 2 separate stereo outputs (4 mono in input and 4 mono in output). Not many cards have these options.

Maybe in the near future we have a USB mixer with the option to use the sound cards to receive a signal from Line inputs, send it to USB so VirtualDJ can use it and then send them back (USB again) to the mixer and we can use the faders of our mixer to do the mix. Some Mixers (like CM2000USB from Numark) have some of these options but they miss what we need for TCVs or TCCDs use. A switch could arrange this, but right now, don't have it. We only could use this USB Mixers as a regular soundcards without TCVs.

jazworld, the way to go sure is buy VDJ, we have upgrades at no cost.

Posted Tue 04 Oct 05 @ 4:49 pm
What's up again [acw-dj. Thanks for the info and feed back. Let me tell you about me. I use to dj about 21 yrs ago. Im getting back into it. Im going digital and Im getting my gear bit by bit. For instant, I bought my mixer today 10/4/05 it's a .(stanton 304) and I got my interface(tascam-US122) it's a USB audio/midi interface. The midi is for when I get my keyboard controller and digital mixer.I want to make music with my Reasons program. Back to the gear. After doing my research these item were what I wanted. Now my question is can I use it with virtual dj and do I need anything else. HOLLA BACK!!!!

Posted Wed 05 Oct 05 @ 5:17 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)