Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: 2 Screens and 1 VDJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I have dual video card and two 17" monitors. I would like to use both monitors and to show browser (files) on left monitor and the rest of buttons and others futures on the right one. Has anyone ever tried to create a skin for the above occasion?. I have not the programming experience, i might try to change (modify) one of the skins i use, bout i don;t think i will manage. Please feel free to express opinions and ideas on this.

Posted Sat 01 Oct 05 @ 1:54 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Well a skin for such use should be made with double-width monitor resolution and normal height monitor resolution, so that program stretches through both monitors. Such skin hasn't been made yet (at least not published on this website), and I don't quite think it would work on full screen mode (not sure though) - but of course making a grabzone would solve "moving the window accidentally" problem).

About modifying the skin, it won't be easy, it would be best if you start off with a fresh one since the .bmp design is a whole new (bigger resolution). But you can start learning by opening the .xml and .bmp files. The programming itself is easy if you use a reference on other skins, and the language is a basic xml, the hard part would only be graphics design and entering the right coordinates in the .xml.

Try searching the forum with "skin design" etc., there should also be tutorials in skin creators blogs (clicking on their usernames - you can find their names in download>skin part).

Unless someone makes such a skin, you'll have to learn it for yourself (and it's gonna take time). :)

Good luck ;)

Posted Sat 01 Oct 05 @ 10:11 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
djdad and erxon :
"Well a skin for such use should be made with double-width monitor resolution and normal height monitor resolution, so that program stretches through both monitors."

I don't know where I got it from but I will check my skins at home, I have one of those dual-monitor stretch designs. I don't remember where I found it, but I do know that it is from the VDJ 2.x days.

Will check and get back with you guys.

cstoll

Posted Fri 21 Oct 05 @ 10:00 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Can you email me that skin Cstoll Please?

ƒяμﺄτ

Posted Sat 22 Oct 05 @ 5:12 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004

Posted Sat 22 Oct 05 @ 6:48 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)