Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: New Defult-skin

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

dj_cashPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hello everybody...
Isn't it time for a new defult skin from the dev. team..?
I've waited for it a long time now :p

Posted Wed 28 Sep 05 @ 8:55 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
i tried the internal advanced default and it was the same old regular default, or was i missing something?

Posted Wed 28 Sep 05 @ 9:31 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Not sure what you are looking for, but the default skin has been kept up with latest features as they become available. In fact, that is generally the first one that has the new features and is used as an example for everyone else to be able to update their skins.
Examples: video mixing, video FX.

Are you looking for more detail in the default skin? If so, try some of the custom skins that the community has provided. My personal favorite: JN-Black Widescreen for 3.1, though I have tweaked it a little for my own purposes.

Posted Thu 29 Sep 05 @ 5:44 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
if you look at the internal team advanced default the sample picture has more buttons similar to djjb's advanced version, but when i downloaded it it was just the same "regular default". i was just wondering if that was an error......

Posted Thu 29 Sep 05 @ 6:17 pm
thanks for all answears..
I think the defult skin is boring... but ok, it has the latest features...
I use Pioneer 700s.. but I have som other favourites like Mixstation and Jim Nordic's skin (can't remember the name)

I'm making a skin... it's totally maded by paint ( :( )
I can say that it's not looking so professional... but I'm trying to make a skin... because I like programming.

I think that I will be the luckyest guy in the world the day I make the wheels on my skin spin.. :D

U can find my skin in my blogs.. still working on it, and I know, it's some faults in the skin...

Posted Thu 29 Sep 05 @ 8:18 pm
Cash, your skin doesn't look bad at all. Looks like it could be very nice once you finish it. Take a look at the other skins to get an idea how to get your spinners to 'spin' and how to animate the other parts of the skin too.
Keep up the good work and let us know when it's ready.

Posted Mon 03 Oct 05 @ 4:53 pm
thanx frd1963 :D
I'll tell you all when it's ready, but I can tell u that it will take a long time..

:D

Posted Tue 04 Oct 05 @ 7:22 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Quite good, but really do you have to keep the wheels?

Posted Wed 05 Oct 05 @ 1:34 am
I've newer thought about them :p I can remove it and place vinlys there instead... should I?

Posted Thu 06 Oct 05 @ 3:14 pm
Cash, There are already plenty of skins with vinyls. If you like spinners, keep the spinners! You're personalizing it aren't you? If I ever make my own skin, I will probably make it look like a hamster running in one of those hamster wheels.

Posted Thu 06 Oct 05 @ 8:07 pm
haha that was a good one :p but I have tought a little bit about them, like it hasn't anything to do with djing.. maybe I can make two skins... one with wheels and one with cd/vinyls...

Posted Thu 06 Oct 05 @ 10:55 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)