Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ Compatibility with Behringer BCD2000

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi there,

Does anyone know if there is going to be an update to the software to include the Behringer B-CONTROL DEEJAY BCD2000 which is being released at the beginning of next month. Looks like a nice piece of hardware.

Check it out:- http://www.behringer.com/BCD2000/index.cfm?lang=ENG

Posted Mon 26 Sep 05 @ 5:11 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
It still not have a date to be available to buy it. Have al this year telling "comming soon" it change that message in their site after 6 months...

Posted Mon 26 Sep 05 @ 7:56 pm
I have asked Behringer dealers and I have been told it is comming out on October 1st. I have mine on back order.

Posted Mon 26 Sep 05 @ 8:43 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I'll be lining up to purchase this also... but yeah question is will it be compatible with vdj?

Posted Tue 27 Sep 05 @ 1:46 am
I'll be lining up to purchase this also... is it possible to plug a cd player in the phono input?

but yeah question is will it be compatible with vdj?

Posted Tue 27 Sep 05 @ 1:50 am
its a midi controller and usb soundcard....
so it should be compatible with vdj :)

Posted Tue 27 Sep 05 @ 2:09 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
We all will know for sure only when the first units came out.
:) are my english right ?

Posted Tue 27 Sep 05 @ 2:57 am
I think so... Here we are DJ from Norway, You from Greece and me from Mexico... hahaha ...

Maybe L-Rid from New Zealand could tell us (Because I don't have a clue with Tigermoff)...

L-Rid; electronically, you should not plug a CD-player in a Phono input, you will burn that input. You could do it only with a device which converts Line output to Phono output.

Posted Tue 27 Sep 05 @ 4:20 am
Yes it is possible to connect a CD player to the phono port as it is switchable and designed for that purpose.

I know it will be compatible with the software but I was wondering if there will be options in the settings to set it up quickly as Im not too sure about assigning buttons.

Posted Tue 27 Sep 05 @ 11:49 am
Maybe is a little confuse over here. Phono Input is not equal to a Line Input. A phono input have a 2.4mV and 50K Ohms input sensitivity and a typical Line input have 120mV and 5K Ohms. When you try to connect something that is delivering 120mV in a 2.4mV input you burn that input.

What happend when you try to connect a 120V device in a 220V output? The phono input is 50 times more sensitive than the Line input.

A switch in the mixer that let you use the same input fader for Phono1 and Line1 (for example) but in the rear they are 2 different pair of inputs because they manage different kind of voltage and specs.

Posted Tue 27 Sep 05 @ 5:35 pm
Well it says it on their website so I guess they have some way round that problem. I wouldnt think they would say such a thing if it was going to burn it out.

Posted Tue 27 Sep 05 @ 5:42 pm
In the BCD-2000 they use ONE of two RCA inputs to share the Line and Phono Inputs. But there's a switch on the back to do the trick. Take a close look:
http://www.behringer.com//BCD2000/BCD2000_back.jpg

In the analog input "B" we got a little black switch above the RCA connectors.

I took this from the BCD-2000 Manual:

"The BCD2000 is packed with 2 state-of-the-art phono pre-amplifiers, ONE of which is switchable to a CD Player."

As far as I see, you couldn't use this for TCCDs, you can only use it for TCVs.

Posted Tue 27 Sep 05 @ 6:08 pm
I noticed that too, hence why I asked the question....

interested more in tccd

Posted Wed 28 Sep 05 @ 8:34 am
The DJ Console and the BCD-2000 only have one line input. If you find other controller with 2 line inputs, let me know.

Maybe you could get the CM200USB or the DM950USB Mixers from Numark and install ASIO4ALL and get what you want for only $210.

Posted Wed 28 Sep 05 @ 4:59 pm
I just saw a vid of the bcd-2000 in action by one of their representatives. I must say i was quite dissappointed as to what he was showing. They could of got someone with more flair... er

link below:

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/13097/General_Discussion/Behringer_Bcd2000_video.html?highlight=bcd

Anyways i noticed theres a plugin called Inverse RIAA 1.0 which possibly might solve the problem with the phono input. I'm more than tentative of being the 1st to get the bcd-2000. I'll probably wait a few months to see some reviews.

Posted Thu 29 Sep 05 @ 3:15 pm
l-rids,

The plugin called Inverse RIAA 1.0 might solve the problem with the phono input, you're right (I forgot that completly). The BCD-2000 will stand for you my friend...

Posted Thu 29 Sep 05 @ 8:38 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)