Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Help - PC crashes when opening Virtual DJ !!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi

I've just downloaded the demo version of Virtual DJ, however, when I double click to start the programme my machine reboots. I'm running WinXP on a Pentium 4, 3.6 Ghz.

Hope someone can help !!

Posted Mon 26 Sep 05 @ 12:29 pm
hi,

check for viruses, spyware and other unwanted friends.
Is your pc overclocked in any way ?
Are other softwares running smoothly ?

Try to disable Hyperthreading, "turbo" modes ... in bios if there's such an option.

Posted Mon 26 Sep 05 @ 2:38 pm
check your audio and dx setting

Posted Mon 26 Sep 05 @ 5:28 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
if not of that works i recommend a clean install. i just did on mine and my pc is running sweet!

Posted Tue 27 Sep 05 @ 2:26 am
your problem is that you have a bad sector on your computer.wen you catch that bad sector your computer will reboot or shut down.i know because i had the same thing on my computer.you bether format hard disc.before you format the drive but your music and files to cd

Posted Thu 29 Sep 05 @ 9:00 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
You could do some maintenance before you give up and do a fresh install.

First go to windows explorer and in TOOLS->Options select you want to see Hidden files, then:

Erase all the info in these directories: C:\\Windows\\Temp and in

C:\\Documents and Settings\\"your windows user"\\Local Configuration\\Temp

Erase all that could be erase (the files that are in use couldn't be erased).

After doing that go to Internet Explorer->Tools->Internet Options->Temporary Internet Files select “Delete Cookies", after that "delete files"...

Ok, now perform a SCANDISK. When finished perform a DEFRAG on C Drive. After that reboot and then install VDJ. Reboot again.

It would take some hours do all these, but you could get working Windows better for sure.

Good Luck!

Posted Thu 29 Sep 05 @ 8:28 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)