Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: DAC2 controller won't allow scrolling?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

agerardPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I tryed running my DAC2 cotroller, and it will not allow me to scroll. Is there something Iam doing wrong. It allows me to enter the song, after I scroll through the songs and pick one using my mouse . It also alows me to play and cue. Why when I turn the wheel it only moves the playing song back or forth. It absolute will not scroll through any song. Also the screens of the DAC2 , on each side it shows the number 4 before every song? thanks for all input.

Posted Mon 19 Sep 05 @ 7:18 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003

Posted Mon 19 Sep 05 @ 7:57 am
Hey cyder, any plugins that allow me to scroll songs with the wheel on xp10? I don't think it's possible but can't hurt to ask.

Posted Mon 19 Sep 05 @ 5:44 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I don't belive you can as the xp10 wheels are used for scratching.

Posted Mon 19 Sep 05 @ 7:32 pm
Yeah, I didn't think so. Worth asking anyway though. The included Bison software that comes with real EKS xp10s allows you to do lighting fast song scrolling with the wheels. Would have been nice if we could do this with VDJ too. Oh well.

Posted Mon 19 Sep 05 @ 9:20 pm
wyworgPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Sorry but i downloaded the plugin but where do i extrac the plugin? in the virtualdj´s folder? how do i activate the pluging? please could you tell me more info? Thank you.

Posted Tue 20 Sep 05 @ 1:38 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Save to programfiles/virtualdj then highlight, right click, unzip here.
Open vdj, cfg, remote control and try auto first or select if port known.
Close, reboot and start VDJ again.

As the program opens the DAC will cycle from dashes to numeric spaces.
Load up a track and it will show remaining time etc...

There was a guide somewhere here, I just found the buttons.

Posted Tue 20 Sep 05 @ 2:14 pm
I'm very surprised nobody talks about a huge bug I noticed in that .dll : if you fast forward a paused track with the outer wheel all the way to the end, then it begins a never ending loop and the only way out is to close VDJ...

Posted Thu 22 Sep 05 @ 7:19 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)