Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Microphone Control v2.1 by DJ CEL, microphone selection ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I use one sound card SB Live Player to use with the mixer , and an USB Plantroncis Headset DSP 500, wich integrate a microphone.

It seem it's not possible to use the headphone with this plugins. It's not possible to choose the plantronics headset in setup.

Posted Sun 18 Sep 05 @ 1:10 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Do you have the sound card listed or not?
Have you pressed the button "select" to validate your selection in the list? "Headphone"? I don't really understand, it's for microphone only. The wave part it's just an addition to make a talkover so there is no headphone here. It's not an advanced config for wave like in vdj

Posted Sun 18 Sep 05 @ 2:35 pm
In Microphone selection Box, the Plantronics HeadSet dont apear, they are just "Main Audio Device", and "Audio SB Live".

For "Headphone", I would say
"It seem it's not possible to use this *HeadSet* with this plugins. It's not possible to choose the plantronics headset in setup."

The "USB Plantroncis HeadSet DSP 500", act like a second audio card, with a microphone input, and one audio output.

I have also try to set the "USB Plantronics DSP 500" as the default device in windows.

In thi case, in Microphone selection Box, the Audio SB Live dont apear, they are just "Main Audio Device" three time , and "Plantronics HeadSet " three time.

but we get this error with this plugins :

"Error of mixerGetLineControl() in InitMicVolMixer() of mixer.cpp"

"Error of InitVolMicMixer() in GetMicVol() of mixer.cpp"

"Error of mixerGetLineControl() in InitMicMuteMixer() of mixer.cpp"

"Error of InitMicMuteMixer() in GetMicMute() of mixer.cpp"

I have also a microphone on my Webcam, it also not appear in the list.

Posted Sun 18 Sep 05 @ 3:27 pm
Ok it seems to be not compaible with your sound card and i can't test as i don't have one. I didn't use DirectX in this plugin. Does it work in vdj when you want to record the microphone?

Posted Fri 23 Sep 05 @ 10:47 pm
I get the same errors when I try to use the plugin, and I would really like to be able to use this plugin. I use two soundcards, one internal and one USB. (I get the error even if I'm not using the USB soundcard.) The USB soundcard has no mic in, so if I try to use a mic without the plugin, it won't work--the mic only plays through my headphones that are plugged into the internal soundcard. Only way to use the mic is to use the internal SC for the master.

Posted Tue 06 Dec 05 @ 5:17 am
Ok i have the same problem with my USB webcam (microphone integrated) but it works with my usb creative soundblaster live 24bits

For the USB webcam, in fact there is only "record" and not "reading" in the windows mixer and my plugin works with "reading". I mean it moves the volume mic slider of the output and not of the input (like in VDJ)
I will try to correct that

Thank for the report

Posted Tue 06 Dec 05 @ 9:02 pm
I don't think I've ever seen "reading" in the windows mixer on any of my computers. Thanks for the help though.

(Aside) They just updated the VDJ website...I'm gonna miss the black and red color scheme...

Posted Tue 06 Dec 05 @ 9:34 pm
Euh yes i meant "listening" (bad French translation lol)

Posted Tue 06 Dec 05 @ 9:38 pm
After looking again, I realized my error messages aren't exactly the same as the ones in the other post. I only get:

I also looked for "Listening" in the options, and couldn't find that either.

Posted Tue 06 Dec 05 @ 11:16 pm
In fact i only programmed two devices (soundcards) in my plugin so i'm extending to three ;-)
I will see later the second problem with the volume mic on input (microphone on usb headset or webcam)

Posted Tue 06 Dec 05 @ 11:35 pm
Thanks for your help. My other options would be to use my internal soundcard for the master (which I don't want to do) or plug the mic directly into my powered speakers (which I really don't want to do).
Good luck with fixing the plugin.

Posted Tue 06 Dec 05 @ 11:40 pm
I have just uploaded the version 2.2 which extends to 3 sound cards
You can download it now on this website
;-)

I need more time for the second problem

Posted Wed 07 Dec 05 @ 12:13 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)