Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: headphones notebook

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

machyHome userMember since 2005
hi!
I am considering buying Full Version as soon as I will buy new notebook next week.

Is there any possibility to hear the second deck on headphones, while you can hear the first deck on loudspeakers?

Thanks for reply!

Michal

Posted Wed 14 Sep 05 @ 7:39 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The answer is simply Yes!

look at my blog, you can see it is possible with just the hercules to seperate the signal of the 2 decks (dual soundcard, 5.1), or two soundcards.

The best way to seperate the channels and monitor with the headphones is to add an external mixer to the list!, but the software will do it just fine.

btw: Any DJ software that doesn't allow this can not be proffesional, it is simply a must..

Posted Wed 14 Sep 05 @ 7:46 pm
I just purchased an USB Logitech headphones and they sound and work great with VDJ. Just plug it in and install the driver and then you can config the sound on VDJ config panel: Headphones and preview through your USB headphones and your decks/sample through your main sound card or speaker output. This is better that using the Y split cable method.

Posted Wed 14 Sep 05 @ 10:37 pm
ok. how to do it with regular notebook? (thanks for answer)

Posted Wed 14 Sep 05 @ 11:49 pm
thanks!!!

Posted Wed 14 Sep 05 @ 11:52 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
You could use a 5.1 soundcard for prelisten your songs, or use 2 soundcards or use the USB headphone option provide by vnz.

Good Luck!

Posted Thu 15 Sep 05 @ 1:21 am
keyonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
My setup: No external mixer, laptop direct to powered speakers from pcmcia card. No headphone out on pcmcia card so I use onboard soundcard for headphones.

Question: So when I'm using both decks simultaneously (fader in the middle, blending both songs), one of the decks is always up in headphones cue. Is it possible to have both decks running simultaneously and temporarily turn off headphone preview to both upper decks so that I can only hear/cue songs from the music folder below -- without using an external mixer?

Posted Thu 15 Sep 05 @ 1:21 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Set up in sound, advanced settings so that both channels a and b are on 1 and 2.
Put your headphone on 3+4 (monitor/prelisten) and this should work.
This is what I do with no trouble.

Posted Thu 15 Sep 05 @ 2:15 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Machy

buy an external USB SoundCard (4 chanel would be great, Indigo or Maya). There are several ways to prelistening but you'll need a good SoundCard not just for prelistening, but mainly to have a good sound quality in output. The onboard soundcards, they use all laptops, are medium or worse quality.
Consider also that you could buy a Controller like Hercules or BCD2000 which includes sound card.

Posted Fri 16 Sep 05 @ 12:21 am
spearyControlleristMember since 2005
Djdad : You say the hercules console includes a soundcard...
Does this mean that I could use my onboard soundcard for prelistening (headphones) and the soundcard of the hercules for the main output ?
(As the Hercules console and the Indigo Dj Card cost almost the same this would save me the cost of the Indigo Dj Card, maybe I'll have less audio quality, but I wouldn't mind...)
thanks !

Posted Thu 29 Sep 05 @ 4:04 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
That's Correct Speary,

You can get the Hercules DJ Console or the BCD-2000 or and USB Mixer like the Numark DM-950USB or the CM-200USB and use his USB soundcards with VirtualDJ.

Good Luck!

Posted Thu 29 Sep 05 @ 8:50 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)