Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: NEED HELP

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

need help to convert DVD music videos to witch format (AVI, MPEG, MP4 or witch one is the best) witch software do I need and specific parameters for conversion.

Thanks.

Posted Fri 09 Sep 05 @ 9:35 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
My suggestion is that you don't convert tham at all. Just use a utility like SmartRipper to extract the vob files from the DVD while splitting them into a separate vob file per chapter. This will be faster than ripping/converting, will take less horsepower, and will give you the best quality video and audio possible from a DVD.
The downside? Each video will take an average of about 180MB of disk space.

Posted Fri 09 Sep 05 @ 10:44 pm
thanks, but that´s the reason that I willl know how to convert because of the disk space I work with a Notebook and a HDD 250GB (full of music) I think 180MB is not too much music on a HDD. (like 5 songs for GB.)

I know how to rip the VOB but don´t know how to separate the tracks.

anyway Thanks for the support.

Posted Fri 09 Sep 05 @ 11:21 pm
There are literally HUNDREDS of programs to do this with, some work better than others. I personally use MPlayer (mencoder) and mjpegtools on Linux for all of my encoding/transcoding needs to I am not too familiar with Windows tools. I just know there are a LOT of them. Start by going to:

http://www.doom9.org

Good luck.

Posted Fri 09 Sep 05 @ 11:51 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
With Smart ripper 2.1 you got the options to SEPARATE each chapter, just search it. If the Space is and issue, you could work with DivX6 and maintain a great picture quality (not the same as VOB) in 25MB (vs. 170MB with VOB, I check this before I post it. This values are accurate, not an aprox. DivX in HighDef mode; like DVD). A VOB file could change his extension with MPG and it works (videofile1.VOB = videofile1.MPEG = videofile1.MPG), DVD are recorded with MPEG-2 decoder.

Posted Sat 10 Sep 05 @ 1:18 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)