Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Router

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi, My friend has VDJ, has just install a router, hi computer address is 10.0.0.5. When he trys to broadcast user cant connect his outside WAN address is 80.159.xxx.xxx

it says when broadcasting to listenin connect to http://10.0.0.5:8000/VirtualDJ.mp3 , this is not a outside address how can users connect what address will users use

Posted Fri 09 Sep 05 @ 3:06 pm
when he hit the broadcasting button what ever it show blow that's what your friends should type to connect

Posted Fri 09 Sep 05 @ 3:34 pm
10.x is not a routable internet address, this is why he is using it internaly. This is the correct setup, now you have to enable port forwarding on the router in order to connect to his stream from the outside. Should be pretty simple.

Posted Fri 09 Sep 05 @ 7:31 pm
But that means user would have to connected to 10.0.0.5 which isnt his WAN address its his LAN address. 80.159.xxx.xxx is his Wan address, would port forwarding work ?

Posted Fri 09 Sep 05 @ 7:32 pm
Yes port forwarding would work. Externally users would connect to the 80.159* address. The router would handle forwarding the port to the 10.0.0.5 address internally.

Posted Fri 09 Sep 05 @ 8:25 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
i have never been able to broadcast from my pc , i have to take the line out of my mixer and feed that to a 2nd pc with win98, XP is a girldog when it comes to that. i make an port exception in XP, i forward ports in my router, you name it i tried it, DMZ setting in router.......either way i still use 2nd pc to cast and it takes less strain on my main. i was curious to try it in internal VDJ as i use shoutcast normally.

Posted Fri 09 Sep 05 @ 9:27 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Put in a DMZ in the router for the internal IP of your computer should do the work. Check also the firewall settings of your router, you could put your firewall off and check again. I'm sure the firewall setting is what is making the problem (If you put DMZ to your current internal IP already).

For this example: Your current PC IP is 10.0.0.5 and your current WAN IP is 80.159.xxx.xxx. The DMZ must be pointing to 10.0.0.5 and the firewall off for 10.0.0.5. The people who want connect to your PC must type 80.159.xxx.xxx:8000/VirtualDJ.mp3. It should work.

Posted Sat 10 Sep 05 @ 1:04 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)