Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: denons with tccd

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

when will atomix fix the bug with vdj and denon cd decks? with vdj 3.1, It still cuts off the down beat on many tracks and it is difficult to set a cue point!?

Posted Wed 07 Sep 05 @ 1:47 am
Wireless,
I found sort of a workaround of this problem.
The problem is that the mp3 with the timecode signal is starting from the very first millisecond of the start of the file.
When you cue up a song the part directly after the cue is repeated for you to search for the correct spot. This is also the case when using tccd. For some reason the vdj software is not jumping to the very start, but some milliseconds later. Therefore the first (part of) the beat is left off. Then it is very hard to set the cue point correctly and start the song at the right moment.
I created a new timecode mp3 with 2 seconds of silence in front. After that I burned the mp3 to an audio cd. When you set up a cue point you count rewind the track into the silence part. Then you could get the first beat back again!
What also improves is not to set a cue point but leave the deck at pause, just search for the first beat and leave the deck (Not hit cue). Then start from this point. It is a little practise, but works ok for me.
I could upload the mp3, with the additional 2 seconds if you like
Ewout

Posted Wed 07 Sep 05 @ 1:00 pm
Not sure about your mp3 TCCD file but the one I downloaded already has 2 seconds of silence in the front.

Posted Wed 07 Sep 05 @ 5:32 pm
does it work 100%? I can try it here with the s1000's

what they need to do is fix it in software (a sort of offset adjustment)

Posted Sun 11 Sep 05 @ 5:12 am
I have no idea what you guys are talking about. Is there a place I can find out more about tccd? Where do you get them from? Is there a manual to teach you? Do they work with any cd player? Point me in the right direction.

Posted Tue 13 Sep 05 @ 10:11 pm
You could find more information here:
http://www.virtualdj.com/products/timecode/

It is working for all cd players, but if your player supports true vinyl mode like the Denon 3000 / 5000 or Pioneer cdj 800 / 1000 it is working better.
Ewout

Posted Tue 13 Sep 05 @ 10:33 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
**Modified**

You got their first Ewout.

The guide on CD's is on the page towards the bottom, as well as the downloadable file to be burnt to CD, making the timcoded CD complete.

Posted Tue 13 Sep 05 @ 10:34 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)