Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Special Video Pricing for Virtual DJ Member! - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

VMS Media The 1 Source for Music Videos is offering a $50.00 discount for a year subscription for Virtual DJ owners. At VMS Media we offer Urban, Rock , Country, Dance, Pop and VJ Tools. VJ Tools is 12’ vinyl in a video format. With Vj Tools you get Videos with intro, outros, Acapella’s, and video remixes you can’t get anywhere else! Just Call VMS Media at 866 818-7353 or go to Our Web Site www.vmsmedia.com and mention this posting and start saving on all your video needs.

At VMS Media it’s all about the music and the DJ’s!

Posted Fri 26 Aug 05 @ 4:52 pm
I do believe the terms of service agreement for this forum forbids advertising products in the forum. Can one of the staffers check this out please? Otherwise, I have a whole bunch of stuff to sell :-)

Posted Fri 26 Aug 05 @ 5:07 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Actually I'm making a list of legal dvd video content providers. Its not finished yet but the vms company rocks and they are totally welcome here :)

In case you didn't know the vms company so far is the only dvd content provider offering video extended mixes and acapella video clips.

Posted Fri 26 Aug 05 @ 6:32 pm
NebulaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Sounds good, but are they just in the states?

Posted Sat 27 Aug 05 @ 3:19 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
It seem that Nebula, and as I see It's only a fisical DVD what they manage... so internet download is not an option with them right now...

Posted Sun 28 Aug 05 @ 2:26 am
You wouldn't want downloadble videos anyway. Just like music CDs, but the physical disk and rip it yourself. That way you have total control over quality, backup in case of disk failure, etc. If they were downloadable, I am sure they would optimize the videos for download (lower quality).

Posted Sun 28 Aug 05 @ 2:45 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Exactly! Remeber dvd is already 1 generation of compression.

Posted Sun 28 Aug 05 @ 5:14 am
Hmm. What about european DJ's?

Posted Sun 28 Aug 05 @ 8:52 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
That's what I mean... This site is only for USA. Any other outside the US couldn't get the phisical DVDs directly from VMS.

Posted Sun 28 Aug 05 @ 6:16 pm
So the offer is worth nothing outside US, then.

Posted Sun 28 Aug 05 @ 6:22 pm
bmac16PRO InfinityMember since 2005
By the way guys, I bought one of their DVD's at the Expo in Atlantic City. They have a huge rotating VMS Media logo on every video. It's in the lower right hand corner. It's similar to the VDJ logo on your video screen when mixing videos. I haven't been able to find a way to remove it. I don't want to advertise VMS media at my shows. I thought the community would want to know this before buying their DVD's. This is a hude disastifer for me. I won't be buying anymore of their DVD's.

I want more stars :)

Posted Mon 19 Sep 05 @ 8:54 pm
Thanks for pointing this out bmac16. You have no idea how much I appreciate this, since I almost bought signed up for this DVD set from these guys. I am certainly not going to buy the DVD now that I know there is a logo on them. Tell me though, is the logo in a spot that is stationary? If so, I could write a program to demux the video file, add a black rectangle to each frame of the video and then remux it. If the logo is moving or changes position this would be impossible. Is the logo so big that a black rectangle would ruin the video?

Posted Mon 19 Sep 05 @ 9:09 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
If all I had was a logo rotating i'd be happy.
The intro and outro splashes from PO and SP piss me off because they are always inside of 32 beats so they clash with each other during fades.

Posted Mon 19 Sep 05 @ 9:13 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
there are also programs that will blur the logo, smudge it out you would almost not even notice it was there at all. You know i'm really getting sick of all these markings, logos , and special digital rights crap. if the music/videos were paid for then thats all the money/props these companies deserve.

Posted Mon 19 Sep 05 @ 9:18 pm
The logo rotates. It's constantly spinning in the lower right hand corner. All I can equate it to is a CBS or ABC logo you see on TV. However this logo spins and is in color. It's much bigger than the VDJ logo you see when mixing videos. I was mixing House of Pains "Jump Around" and all I could keep my eyes focused on was the rotating VMS media yellow logo in the right hand corner of the video. I don't know about copyrights but when I buy these videos I want to see the videos and no advertisement.

Posted Mon 19 Sep 05 @ 11:26 pm
if you go out to their website, on the homepage, you can click on a sample video on the right side. When the video is playing, you can see a green box that says something that rotates on it.

Why do people do this?

Posted Tue 20 Sep 05 @ 1:36 pm
kinda makes me glad im in Europe =P

/sarcasm
*switch* on goes the TV, flicks to music channels...

oo, I can hear the music.. but all i see is logo, wait, whats that in a small box in the bottom left? it's the video!!!!!
/endsarcasm

well what with there logos, and silly "txt in your names and find out what your grans pets second cousin from outer bulgaria who likes his smoking jacket's name is" taking up the screen.. I'ma going back to radio!

I'm waiting till we get "video provided by " over the tops of the songs in some slightly weird untangible robot voice every ten seconds =)

and *cough* 50 dollars off!? what is the total price of this thing???

I couldn't find it due to their awkward website =\

I've also just noticed;

"You must submit a complete application for consideration" does this mean they are knocking people back who they don't want to give their product to?

Posted Wed 28 Sep 05 @ 1:26 am
bmas16, which video did you buy, because I don't see that logo on any of my videos. I have not checked them all, but did not remember seeing any spinning logo while playing VMS videos. Some of my newest DVD's are not ripped to the machine yet, so I will have to check. Since I play so many videos, from different companies, I thought maybe I had overlooked it. I have had nothing but good service from VMS. As far as applications go, every service wants to make sure you are a pro DJ, because they don't sell to the general public. Promoonly does it, and so does TM Century.

Posted Thu 29 Sep 05 @ 12:12 am
It was one of their classic DVD's with the artist and songs below:

Michael Jackson - Billie Jean
House of Pain - Jump Around
Father MC - I'll do 4 U
BBD - Poison
and so on....

I hope this helps. As I indicated before the logo is on this DVD. I don't know if it's on the others.

Posted Thu 29 Sep 05 @ 2:10 pm
arjunaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
There's a way of removing a logo, although a moving one is harder to remove instead of a static one. You can use VirtualDub with Donald Graft' "DeLogo Filter". It works, the bad thing is that like all video editing operations it requires a re-encoding of the video, so if you want to compress your vobs to DivX/Xvid (for example) maybe it worth it. There's a plenty of guides about how V.Dub operates.

Ciao!! :)

Posted Sun 02 Oct 05 @ 1:25 pm
91%