Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Video Output

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm thinking about purchasing Virtual DJ but there are some problems I want to get cleared up first. One is the output of video.. The only selection I have is a window. I have 2 external outputs on my notebook. I have a svideo connector for a TV and then a VGA connector for a monitor. Shouldn't thes be showing up as an output? Or is there something I need to do to get these to show up. If I can't use these then I saw a usb to VGA adapter in a computer mag and was wondering if I could use one of these to output to a video screen. If this is unacceptable what are other people using to output from a notebook?

My other questions is where are people getting video subscriptions and is there anyone that has mixable club music videos? All the videos I have seen aren't really mixable they are more like videos like on TV that have no intros and outro to mix out of.

Any help on these topics would be great.

peace
wyldeone

Posted Thu 18 Aug 05 @ 3:42 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
You must have connected the s-video output to a device (like tv or proyector) and turn your notebook on after that.

You must configure your notebook to extend your windows desktop to this display (the number 2 in the display windows configuration). In VDJ select Config->Video->TV Output-> (Select video2) and press OK. That's all you're ready.

Posted Thu 18 Aug 05 @ 3:55 am
Check www.promoonly.com for the videos. You will have to rip them though. And yes, the s video output will work fine. If need be get a converter to vga at radio shack. About $19.99 or on ebay for cheaper. Then you can just plug into the front of one of those video game ready tv's to test it out before teh big screen.

Posted Thu 18 Aug 05 @ 4:28 am
vantinedj, what must i do to get promo vids please? i live in South Africa, so it seem i wont be able to qualify to subscribe :(

Flame

Posted Thu 18 Aug 05 @ 10:37 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)