Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Crackling with Mixer

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

when i use my mixer with virtual dj, and my tcv's, (but it still happens with only mixer) when i load a song the song playing on another deck crackles, and sometimes freezes up for like a couple milliseconds... when it finishes loading it stops... my comp is

pentium 4 2.00 GHz
512 mb ram
big enough hardrive (huuge so this is not the prob)
delta 44 soundcard (there are 1/4 to RCA adapters on it)

i dont see what the problem could be

Posted Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 10:50 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
format and then get a different computer. then go and buy virtual dj.

Posted Fri 12 Aug 05 @ 2:30 am
what do you mean by ''format'' and whats wrong with my current comp?

Posted Fri 12 Aug 05 @ 2:32 am
why would i need to buy a different computer? and what do u mean by format?

Posted Mon 15 Aug 05 @ 3:33 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
What that means is that you need to overwrite Windows, as in erase your system and start over.

Brennan, without hurting your feelings and your age aside, you are a very active poster here.
You can't expect members here to go on for months answering your questions when they see "no licence user" under your name.

The time has come man, join us.

Posted Mon 15 Aug 05 @ 2:52 pm
ya, ok mp3jrick, soon... but im also helping out other users alot too ya no... and i just formated my computer last month! i have to do it again! and whats wrong with my current computer?

Posted Mon 15 Aug 05 @ 7:15 pm
jchiarPRO InfinityMember since 2005
so you admitted you have a cracked version...thats smart.

Maybe you have the vinyl plugin installed?

Posted Mon 15 Aug 05 @ 7:30 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Brennan, as long as you own a cracked version and post on this forum your going to see alot of hostile posts.

You should calm down at this forum until you actually own the software that your talking about.

Because this has NEVER been accepted.

Posted Mon 15 Aug 05 @ 7:44 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
I agree with DJ Maddsound and mp3jrick... I hold my response in your problem brennan.

Posted Mon 15 Aug 05 @ 8:00 pm
ACW he doesn't see all the posts :-( because he is not full

Posted Mon 15 Aug 05 @ 8:18 pm
you mean i cant see all my posts? lol... w/e you guys dont have to help me... its not like this is gonna change anything.. i have already explained, i cant get the software now, even if i wanted to... but w/e,

Posted Mon 15 Aug 05 @ 9:06 pm
brennan11...its not like we don't want to help..its more like...WHY should we help. By not purchasing this program you are showing us all you don't have what it takes to turn pro or at least take mixing seriously. Until you buy it the answers to your problems will get less and less until at last you will be ignored.

I for one as well as others don't like helping out people with cracked versions. Buy it and join a wonderfull crowd of D.Js and C.Js.

Posted Tue 16 Aug 05 @ 6:07 am
@raw-bear, i do not, have a cracked version, and yes i am being ignored already, or someone would have said soemthing to some level of support, i would like to buy it, but at the time cannot afford it... until then, i guess i will continue mixing with the many problems this program has given me, (which are refused to be solved by your members...) and maybe look for a different solution, which is willing to help me... i heard rane came out with some new cool looking software... im not at that point yet, and hopefully will not have to be. but i cant do anything about not having the software now, i just have to wait it out until i have the $$

Posted Tue 16 Aug 05 @ 7:53 am
Many of us hav e full versions, and it is hard to help you with trial, We don't know how you can connect it to mixer and have all prelisten features. Are you running two instances.
I even don't know if it's of any use if this is the case. Sync problems, etc.

Run the demo version, just one, assign it to souncard and tell if there's any crackling.
Be sure to have all effects off, limiter off, timestretch off too.
Mute all your soundcard mixer levels except of master and wave.
Set gain in vdj to -6 and all EQ to 0db.

---------
anyway it looks like you have some problems with your harddisk or so. Maybe there's and IRQ conflict with your harddrive/usb/soundcard.

Are you using asio ? if so try to set higher buffer.
It may be because of high CPU usage during loading.

Is your soundcard USB or PCI?

what "really huuuuuge" drive you have ? USB/firewire/sata/ide ?

Posted Tue 16 Aug 05 @ 2:19 pm
tipsyHome userMember since 2005
brennan11,
Im tired of you too, my trial is just about up, so Im gonna buy it, that's how it works. and btw, I think you should get a faster processor

peace,
tipsy

Posted Tue 16 Aug 05 @ 4:52 pm
im only using 1 instance, i have tcv's and a mixer... hooked up through delta 44, and it crackels when i load another song, and its my hardrive which is the really big one, so thats not the problem... and thank you for giving some support unlike the other users, i really appreciate it, and am working ass hard as possible to get the money

--Brennan

Posted Tue 16 Aug 05 @ 7:20 pm
brennan You didn't tell how is your harddrive connected.
The size/capacity does not matter a lot.
Thru USB or is it inside computer ?
try to anser all that questions, from my previous post, it'll be much easier to help.

Posted Tue 16 Aug 05 @ 7:28 pm
o i c, ok ok, its inside the computer,

Posted Tue 16 Aug 05 @ 7:31 pm
ok try something other, aore you able to get you pc to 100% cpu usage (run some benchmark utility or let some other program encode waw to mp3s or whatever) and let virualdj play.

Let's see if the crackling is regarding 100% CPU usage (which is usually during loading song).

Posted Wed 17 Aug 05 @ 12:06 pm
ok, hmm i am wondering how i can do that, but when i load a song, yes it does go to 100:( now i am trying to get something else to get there, hold on

Posted Wed 17 Aug 05 @ 7:24 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)