Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Thoughts about multi instance...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

HannepPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi support team ive would like some adjustments to the multi instance skin like...

viewable quepoints in he waveform window...
better layout on the vol picth and eq, master level and headphone cf isnt that important.
make the 2 waveformscreens equal coz now the lower one is alot bigger than the upper one

if its possible...
sepparate the two programs so you can use the djc on just one instance at a time.
put them all togheter so you can use keyboard shortcuts on all 4 decks instead of using the mouse clicking on the instance you would like to use.

questions
is there possible to put out all 4 chanels to a external mixer so you could use instance one on ch 1-2 and instance 2 on ch 3-4 that would be great.
is there possible to use 2 djcs one for instance one and one for instance 2.

Posted Sun 07 Aug 05 @ 4:22 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
is there possible to put out all 4 chanels to a external mixer so you could use instance one on ch 1-2 and instance 2 on ch 3-4: yes it is possible.

You will need a soundcard with enough outputs.

Posted Sun 07 Aug 05 @ 5:34 pm
ok nice

about the eq issue just three knobs on each side a lv fader and a pitch sollution...

Posted Sun 07 Aug 05 @ 11:11 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I will have a look when i get free time and mind to modify this skin

Posted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 12:32 am
great another thing u guys could do is making two different skins one with a browser and one without (or wich a micro one if its needed) then u put them together...
hard to explain ...

then the instance with the browser become bigger

then only hatch is that u will have to chance skin everytime u startup but its worth that :)

ask me i f u dont understand and i´ll explain in more details.

Posted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 12:54 pm
Hannep: “is there possible to put out all 4 chanels to a external mixer so you could use instance one on ch 1-2 and instance 2 on ch 3-4 that would be great.”

This would be great, so I tried it since I have two soundcards and a four-channel mixer. In theory, it should work by using the “Stereo Splitter” soundcard option for each soundcard. You would then use four Y-adapters to connect the four players to each channel. Unfortunately, I found a possible bug with the second instance of VDJ—it will not split the stereo signal. The reason I know the problem is with the second instance is because I changed it to the same sound card as the first instance (which worked), and it still didn’t work.

It could also be my system, so it would be helpful if someone else gave it a try. I'm sure there are other ways to configure the soundcards so this concept will work. I have some additional comments about this skin that I will save for later. However, the concept for this skin by Dj Morris is ingenious. Furthermore, djcel’s update is very promising—this skin has extraordinary potential!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Double O

Posted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 1:56 pm
I forgot to include some important information—the right player for the second instance of VDJ played through both channels of the soundcard. The left player played only through the left channel of the soundcard. I hope this additional information helps....

Double O

Posted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 2:51 pm
I got it to work…the problem was with one of my soundcards. I apologize for any concerns I may have caused.

Double O

Posted Mon 08 Aug 05 @ 6:15 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)