Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: iTunes conversion

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

For anyone that wasn't aware (and I've seen some discussion about this): Yes, iTunes does lock the file so that the downloaded file can't be played with any device other than iTunes, but all you have to do is copy the song to cd, delete the downloaded file and then import the same song back into iTunes. The song file is now unlocked.

Posted Wed 03 Aug 05 @ 10:58 pm
What about converting the tune over to an mp3? If its already an mp3 try right clicking on it and see if in the attributes the read only box has check mark in it. All my mp3s have the archive box checked and nothing else. As I do not have an Ipod so i maybe way off base here.

Posted Thu 04 Aug 05 @ 3:47 pm
NAWTBOYPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Posted Fri 05 Aug 05 @ 5:36 pm
andy712PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Unfortunatly JHuymn doesn't work if you've purchased on apple music store with iTunes version 6.0.
We have to wait until an update of tha georgous tool is available ;-)
Cheers,

Andy

Posted Sun 26 Feb 06 @ 6:10 pm
socrossPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I just burn the tracks to a cd, then rip the cd to mp3.

Posted Sun 26 Feb 06 @ 11:24 pm
http://www.hotrecorder.com/

i got this, it was $14.95 at the time, and it solved all my problems. Works great with any version of iTunes. It will basically convert the song to a non-drm mp3. Quality is good. Now I'm not a legal expert here, so you will just have to read up on their site about the legal issues and make your own ethical decision.

Make sure you purchase HR Media for music. You can download a free demo to try out before you drop 20 bucks on it, the only limitations of the demo are that it the converted mp3 only the first minute is audible. enjoy.

Posted Mon 27 Feb 06 @ 9:06 pm
Additionally (and what i do) my soundcard lets me record anything that is playing out of my speakers, so as i play the song in itunes i record in into soundforge. I've had a few soundcards (mostly upper level audigy's, and my current one which is a $60 m-audio card) that allow me to do this.

Posted Tue 28 Feb 06 @ 4:57 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)