Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: need help with beats on vdj

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

dj-pezPRO InfinityMember since 2005
right am donking my mix and i dont want it like de--de--de--de--de--de i want it like this e.g like dis de--de--de--de--dem--da--da--da--da i want it to do this, how do you do it, like higher pitces so it goes with the singing in the song thats if you no what i mean really hard 2 explain thanks

Posted Wed 03 Aug 05 @ 5:42 pm
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
take ONE pill only next time ok?

Posted Wed 03 Aug 05 @ 6:05 pm
il work it out my self soon be in all the clubs mixng

Posted Wed 03 Aug 05 @ 6:20 pm
Sorry, I was lost aswell :/

Posted Wed 03 Aug 05 @ 6:22 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
you might either be in the clubs or the institution asking nurses and doctors how to mix.

Posted Wed 03 Aug 05 @ 6:24 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
DJ-Pez, you have to synchronize in the beginning of a singing. All songs have some singings, chorus an then repeats, take the first of this singing. Example: I have a song that have 3 singing and 1 chorus... 1-2-3 then the chorus an again 1-2-3. You have to synchronize in the 1 (or 2) but not in the middle of the singing (exam. between 1 and 2) . You could do a good mix (or cut) with this rule.

It's better to listen and see it, than put it in words.
Good Luck!

Posted Wed 03 Aug 05 @ 7:25 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003

Posted Wed 03 Aug 05 @ 7:30 pm
hey dj pez,

do you mean you want to get the song following the singing? like you would do if you were playing a instrument playing the same notes as what is being sung?

no offence, but please try to explain things in a way where people can understand it easier.

good luck mate

DJ Turbo

Posted Thu 04 Aug 05 @ 10:08 am
this is really hard to explain lol right you have a beat i want the beat to go a pitch then a lower pitch then higer again so it goes with the singing in the track or other beat like beat--beat--beat--donk--donk--donk--beat--beat--beat and so on so the beat goes lower pitch then higer pitch so it flows with the song and singing and other beats in the track.lol you most prob thnk am mad but that the best way i cant explain it with words or i can post u a extract of the best am on about thanks anyway for helping me out :D

Posted Thu 04 Aug 05 @ 1:02 pm
perhaps you mean shifting the key of a song.

You have one bassline that uses just one tone for example
and you want to adjust that so the tempo remains
but bass tone changes to match the for example vocals of other song ?

This is not possible now in VDJ, or exactly said
it is possible only to play the song for example 4% speed up.
And you can alter whether the voices and all sound is pitched up 4% too or not.
It depends if you use TIMESTRETCH. I have a shortcut for the KEY M (alternative name is mastertempo) and sometimes I use it too that i turn it on/off during mix to get some impressive effects.

Posted Thu 04 Aug 05 @ 1:51 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
To achieve this you must have musical knowledge, it will always sound better done manually than automatically.

You need the 2 pieces to match, you need to sync the beats, so they are both playing over a 32 beat loop at the same time, finally you need to alter the EQ, then cut out the bass line of one of the pieces..

That's roughly it.., it takes time to master, and alot of trial and errorr involved.

Bagpuss - I wish I listened in music classes!!.

Posted Thu 04 Aug 05 @ 1:56 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
DJ_Pez you're problem seem to be that you don't known which is the right beat and which not. It's not easy to explain in words, and more dificult to get understood.

You have too see in live with someone who knowns this basics. And start to get skills that are needed to be a DJ.

Good Luck Pez!

Posted Thu 04 Aug 05 @ 4:17 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
He needs mixing lessons, that is why I posted the link.
Everything you need to know is there, and it's easy to understand.

Posted Thu 04 Aug 05 @ 4:33 pm
Pez,
You need to first read the Virtual Dj guide, at least twice. The last one released was version 2.
http://www.virtualdj.com/support/manual/

Then probably read Dj-In-Norway's posting on mixing, which mp3jrick provided the link for in your message. http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display/6288.html

Last, spend some more time doing search here in the forums. I've found that the best way to really learn this program is from other users and their postings on this forum. But be patient and precise with your questions.

Also using a great skin with many features helps. Everyone has their preferences, I like Mixstation but for others they prefer different styles.

Hope that helps.

Cuidate!
VDJ Batibiri

Posted Thu 04 Aug 05 @ 4:49 pm
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
hey djbambi u have to understand the boy's situation... vdj should think of puttin a disclaimer before installing the program warning about a possibility of insanity besides other social disfunctions.
Expecting ANYTHING when putting so much power in the hands of rookies .. anything..

time for me to take my pills and im far from a rookie..

anon aka vpcdj

Posted Thu 04 Aug 05 @ 8:03 pm
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
:P

Posted Thu 04 Aug 05 @ 10:28 pm
maybe you should find a song that has what you mean then tell us which part of the song to listen to.

DJ Turbo

Posted Fri 05 Aug 05 @ 2:07 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)