Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: cueing up songs by beat instead of time

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

all of my songs are clearly set up with destinct cue points. ie: break comes in, slows down etc...

the best feature about vdj is the ability to time the cues perfectly which i made charts for when i had cd players. ie: 44 sec slow, 1:59 out, etc...

the difference is, when im cueing up my songs, im timing it by seconds. ie: 4 seconds left until cue 3, 44 sec till cue 5, etc...

it would be nice to have a feature that gives the number of beats until a cue instead of time since all of the songs are automaticly measured by vdj.

thanks

Posted Mon 01 Aug 05 @ 9:52 pm
I'm down with this one

Posted Mon 01 Aug 05 @ 11:11 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
I think this is actually possible with the actual skin engine. I would have to hava a look on developers section area.

Posted Tue 02 Aug 05 @ 2:46 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
lej78480, you are right.

This can be done in a skin by using the 'B' modifier on the '%tocueX' textzone. So, if you know where to look in the XML file anybody can modify any skin by adding the modifier to the textzone for displaying the time to X cue.

cstoll

Posted Tue 02 Aug 05 @ 4:36 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Right you have to modify a bit your .xml skin file. Have a try by doing a left or right click on the cue name areas; many skins have different display modes.

Posted Tue 16 Aug 05 @ 4:54 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)