Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Video Outputs...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey guys, I've not been on here for a while...because my non-gig computer died, well I got it sorted this morning.
I've been having a few ideas while I was away on holliday and some have been touched upon...but I'm going to make a few posts outlining some of mine.

Seperate Video Outputs.

Like the Sound Config manager, could we have one for video?
This way each deck could have it's own card, own processor and so much gpu power available to it.
I'm not suggesting this from a resource point of view but also for really advanced users a bit like myself.
Take the strain of mixing video in VDJ with mouse, this way we can route each decks video into a seperate video mixer, like the Numark one (it's really quite good but I'm looking for something with a little more).
It will add a lot more scope to VDJ as a whole and can be updated as the program grows.

So thats one of the first ideas thrown up to you, we'll see how the response to that is before I post more.

Thanks
Ross.

Posted Mon 01 Aug 05 @ 3:45 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
I agree with this request.
This would allow the videos to be mixed using an external video mixer, thereby giving a virtually unlimited number of transition effects and also I think it might lower the CPU usage of VDJ because no video transitions would need to be processed.

Posted Mon 01 Aug 05 @ 6:10 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
its already possible use 2 vdj's and 2 6600's in non sli. Better have one hell of a computer tho.

Posted Mon 01 Aug 05 @ 8:58 pm
I'd rather not have to use 2 Instances of Virtual DJ.

1. To be really honest I think we hear that alot as the solution to peoples queries...the "just use 2 instances" excuse / fix.

2. I don't want to have to flip between the 2 instances to search, load, control tracks.
I've also noticed that in order to match tracks in multi-instance mode you are required to engage the beat-lock feature...well that was the only way it worked for me.

@ Cyder
I'm certainly not having a go at you by this reply.

I think we would get much better video mix results from hardware, it would require less processor power on the video side of things as well.
Let's say I was running VDJ on 2 seperae machines as well, I'd still need to interface them with some kind of hardware video mixer.

On a final note...I don't actually own a hardware video mixer as yet...because I wouldn't be able to use it at this stage.
If this feature was added (as an option) I would certainly buy some video hardware.

Just my views on it for now, anyone else have an opinion??

Ross.

Posted Wed 03 Aug 05 @ 9:43 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)