Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: AtoMixMP3 Review [My Opinion]

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJ VeshHome userMember since 2004
"Mommy when I grow up I wanna be a DJ." That vocal is known in Canada and can be heard in many mixes that DJ's create across the nation. From "Dance to the beat" to "Put your hands up in the air," AtoMixMP3 can get people with their hands up in the air. AtoMixMP3 is a virtual DJ program which allows people to crossfaid, beatmatch and break into songs. It contains many effects and features such as cut, break, tv effect, etc. AtoMixMP3 allows the user to play various types of files, such as .MP3 and .WMA. With a great layout, great tools, AtoMixMP3 is a solid program.

I first began using AtoMixMP3 three years ago. I remember opening up the program and opening up Eminems songs "8 Mile Road." When you download the AtoMixMP3 demo it allows you to use cool samples such as an explode sound. Oh man how I loved using that sample. AtoMixMP3 also allows the user to use many samples and songs which are downloadable. The samples have shortcuts so you can use more then one at a time during a mix without going to your selection screen. I like how AtoMixMP3 has the effects on F keys. During my mixes when I beatmatch quick I usually use effects to make it flow together better. From sirens and horns, AtoMixMP3 has countless of posibilites. The most popular one you can hear in mixes is the Flipping Double. The Flipping Double lets you add in a turntable effect and makes it sound professional.

AtoMixMP3 allows the user to mix in various ways. They can mix by crossfaiding a song(Slowly mixing one song into another), beatmatching(usually made by extended or club mixes songs, matches the BPM and doesnt sound of beat), or breaking. I really enjoy how AtoMixMP3 counts the BPM(Beats Per Minute) and beatmatches in the click of a button. The thing I really like is you get a visual view of the beatmatching at the top. The pitch levels are viewable and it shows you if the beats are matching, or if they are off and all over the place.

I enjoy how AtoMixMP3 lets you view your playlist. It has ALL your songs infront of you and it has a search bar which lets you find your songs quick. It organizes the tracks by either Artist, Song Name or Location(how ever you want) and its easy to access each track!

AtoMixMP3 has countless featuress. From mixing live over the internet on shoutcast to recording mixes, AtoMixMP3 is like a real mixer and dual CD player. AtoMixMP3 allows you to sample each song and preview each song before you play it, just like on a mixer. All you have to do it set your soundcard settings, select the deck, and turn the volume down. You will be able to hear the song play and select the cue of the song.

The layout in AtoMixMP3 is outstanding. It's simple and basic, and thats the way I like it. I like the layout MUCH better then Virtual DJ's layout. It has everything you need to see. The BPM of the song, the effects, etc.

Some things I would like to see in AtoMixMP3 and the newer versions get released are more sound effects. It seems that the AtoMix team has forgotten about us AtoMixMP3 users and stop creating effects. I would really like to see a reverse effect, and that would make my mixes much better.

All in all, I can't give you my best word since I am writing this at 10:17PM EST. I'm half asleep so I decided to write a review. My grammer is not the best at the momment, and I am missing alot of Pro's that AtoMixMP3 has. In conclusion the software has little cons, and it is just simply amazing. Once you learn how to master it and beatmatch, your never going to want to stop mixing. I have used AtoMixMP3 to DJ a live dance one time, and the people loved it. Aside from my Numark CDN 36 and Pioneer DJM300 Mixer, AtoMixMP3 is one of the best virtual DJ programs. I recomand this software to all DJ's who want to be a virutal DJ, and it is definitly woth the money.

"It's like a rave party at the click of a button.. The beatmatching doesnt stop, neither do the possibilities" - DJ Vesh

HAPPY MIXING!!!!!!

-DJ Vesh

Posted Fri 15 Apr 05 @ 4:22 am
in Canada you say...where abouts?......i am in ontario..thats pronounced on tare ree ohh to all you others......lol...when this forum was more active there were lots of us from around Canada here...but sadly for us they have all slipped over to virtualdj2. not so sad for them though....i hear its compares to atomix like atomix compares to everyone else...you just can't beat it....as far as your mixes go dj vesh i would love to collaborate with you on making a CD...i think it would be an awesome challenge but the result would be even more awesome.

Posted Sat 16 Apr 05 @ 5:48 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)