Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: What Real DJ's Think Of ATOMIXMP3?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

rydallHome userMember since 2003
Hi All you real DJ's out there, just wanted to know how you have found the progie? and what you over all thoughts are on it?.
Im a full user and have been for a wile, i love it and it makes my nights at gigs run so easy, i personly love this programe and i think the team has done a good job, and im looking forward to the next version.
Have fun and keep smiling...
regards
RYDALL

Posted Fri 03 Dec 04 @ 10:52 am
What The HELL is A REAL DJ

Posted Mon 17 Jan 05 @ 11:00 pm
I think a real DJ is someone who spends like an hour carrying in records, tapes, CDs and equipment, then spends another hour hooking every thing up and doing sound checks. The people that carry in a lap top, external h/d with 15,000 tunes, amps, speakers and mixer do not qualify for the "REAL D.J." rating even though they are set up and playing at least one and one-half hours BEFORE the "REAL D.J." These fake D.Js. can also take a song out of cue and recue a new one in about 15 seconds. How dare they say they are D.Js. when they do not break a sweat in being able to satisfy a customer!!. Guess the difference is...to be a "REAL D.J." you have to sweat it out to have a good time while all the fakes....well........we just have a good time......no sweat

Posted Wed 19 Jan 05 @ 8:11 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Wow, 16 years in this business, I spent the hours carrying in the equipment and the crates, I spent the hours setting up the system, and as progress occurred, I was one of the very last guys to switch from turntables to a dual CD player. However, when progress was ready for me to leave even the CD's at home, I was among the first!
So, I guess according to the previous thread I am not a "real" DJ anymore. But at the end of the night I still get paid in "real" money. (4 nights every week)
I used Atomixmp3 for 2-3 years before VDJ came out, and found it to be a great software for what I do. I do feel that if your laptop is strong enough you should probebly upgrade to VDJ. But if not, Atomixmp3 will serve you just fine.

Posted Wed 19 Jan 05 @ 5:14 pm
Guess I am not a "real" dj anymore either...Oh well..the fun us "unreal" DJs can have is..like..unreal man...not only that...the clients are always VERY impressed with the technolgy of atomix....and when they find out you have like 15,000 tunes on your h/d they are blown away.

Posted Thu 20 Jan 05 @ 9:39 am
vpcdjHome userMember since 2005
i want to begin by saying that vdj is a breakthrough dj program. my friend has a dj business and ive played around with its great. its probably the best pc software. like all other pc dj software its obvious advantage is that u have ur whole library with you. i have a another real dj friend and he's real good. he's got his skills right. he has his mic skills right too. and work(ed) at the big hip-hop radio station here.
i use pcdj red and in 2002 was his first time to see a pc dj live. i'm a very good pcdj user; ive used it since it came out in blue in 98. before then i used to dj with another partner who had the technics. (he was wack. the type that brag about the techs but can scratch.)
anyway my radio station "professional" dj is basiclly a celebrity around here. a new club opened but his nights (wednesday) werent delivering. so i went up to the manager and told them to give me the tuesday. my tue nights with pcdj red was the best night all week. in fact the club asked me to do Thur, Fri and Sat! they offered me the wedn. night too. but i just couldnt take the wedn coz "that professional dj" was a friend of mine and he was a "real" dj. and i looked up to him too. for those that know hip-hop djs this guy is comparable to funk master flex in my hood. every record he plays on the radio becomes a hit. i listen(ed) to his saturday night mixes just to listen to his mixing and his personality.
anyway the club got rid of him for the wedn nights, got another dj then eventually i had the whole week. i was making a lot of money and one thing i couldnt believe was that i was now the celebrity of the city. i had just perfected my skills with pcdj red. and we all know Red aint nuthing compared with vdj. to me it felt like i'm a local artist and the fans like me more than the mainstream artist.
one time i jokingly told my radio station friend i was gonna replace him on the radio. it was just a joke and i looked up to him but these days i talk to him and see the insecurity in his eyes.
the problem with "real" djs is that they keep away from the computer. and thats their main problem. but i understand that coz many of them are old dogs and have no time for new tricks.
my only problem with pc djing is this... once u get into it its a lot of fun but u feel like it still lacks something. pcdj red for example is an upgrade from cd djing (excluding the scratching cd players). pcdj is good for what it does.. then comes vdj which is pcdj on steroids. vdj even attempts to intimidate our vinyl friends with the scratching. i love vdj more than i ever loved any other dj software when i first laid my hands on them. but i cant take vdj to the public just yet coz this baby is too unpredictable. i know i only use the demo but this baby hangs too much. with my pc (900Mhz, 384MB, 32MB video) it cant handle a library over 7,000. so it locks for a while loading every 5 songs. touching the eq hangs it too. the gain doesnt work right with cues (when a song/file is low and u gain it. when u go back to a cue it plays louder for an instant then goes low). when u get into the scratching u get fully drawn and u can spend all night doing some amazing stunts. but when u turn on the radio u can tell the difference btnw that vinyl scratch and vdjs. with me i can walk in clubs and tell whether their equipment by their scratches. i know the difference btwn analog/vinyl scratches and digital scratches (pioneer, vdj etc). i bet even the best vdj knows vdjs scratches aint "that" realistic. like Wireless DJ pointed out when u pull back the wheel there's gaps of silence. that has got me thinking whether its the software's weakness or that i need xp-10s/turntables. I've heard Final Scratch and Scratch Live and they have "realistic" scratches. but those need turntables and their "boxes" to run them. when vdj perfects the sound engine this is gonna be the ishh.

Posted Wed 26 Jan 05 @ 9:15 pm
vpcdjHome userMember since 2005
so basiclly every time i've personally face-offed with the "real" djs i've blown them away. that was only with pcdj red. and red is outdated. tho i must admit when i see the techs i do feel intimidated. but with me ive mastered my programs so well and my whole library is on my fingertips so they cant compete with me.
song selection is very important. the techies can scratch all night all they want so long as u play the right song u iight. then of course the mic skills help too (when u caught up or screw up a lil bit. but first perfect yo kills so that screwing up is rare.)

Posted Wed 26 Jan 05 @ 9:49 pm
vpcdj
i have a computer that is 7 yrs old...stereo output....64 megs of ram...8 gig hard drive...with an external h/d of 160 gigs thats less than half full with tunes and i have 15,000 tunes on it and i am using atomix. not once have i had the freeze up problems that you talk about unless i had other things running in the background. as far as feeling a bit afraid of the " real " DJs i say.........bring it on......i am one of those "old dogs" you talk about and love learning new tricks while playing any techno machine jock into the ground. i have fun now...its no longer work as my computer does it all. oh......by the way....as far as any dj making a hit of every record he plays i think the music producers should snap him up. if he was as good as you say he is he would still be the top jock in your city. as far as the volume on your mp3s go...get mp3 gain and make them all the same volume.

Posted Fri 28 Jan 05 @ 4:24 am
Dj VoxHome userMember since 2005
Well i play music in club so i can say that im dj , its nice program i like it ! its really easy ! so i think i might get the full version but its not good with rap and hip hop music only techno ...

Posted Wed 16 Feb 05 @ 11:31 am
dj vox.....i see you have posted several times here in the forum.
first of all there are a lot of people here that are learning the fundalmentals of mixing and have not reached your awesome heights of being a dj.
then there are others like D.J. Cj-Dimitris who has not only reached your heights but has flown so far above them as to make it look like you are on the ground level. dj homeboy is another and i forget just how many there are here that are truely in tune with whats going on. a lot of the DJs here not only make a living being a dj they also support a family and are buying houses with what they earn. as far as you saying you mix for the best...well........how many of your mixes have had air time?.....how much $$$ do you get for a gig?....can you do any type of gig?...such as a 5 yr old birthday party up to a 50th weding anniversery as well as the so called club scene? can you do a bar mitzva? what about weddings? can you do radio? what about live radio from a concert that people tune into from the world over? ahhh what the heck...lets forget about the radio...lets just look at the other things i have said...can you do them and how much do you charge?...just to let you know what type of circles you are walking in here...i left the live scene 20 yrs ago....and was making 1000 dollars a gig...longest gig...5 hrs..and that paid be almost 1300 dollars per 5 hr gig....the last year i worked in the publics eye i made OVER 76 thousand dollars. there are jocks on this forum that think that the $$$ i made is good $$$ there are also ones here that think thats chicken feed. i bet you make about 500 bucks a week doing a club when i used to make 2 x that in one night.

for you to think that there is a bunch of noobs here shows you lack of experieance. even after i have said all this and made you mad i would still like to invite you to join the pro ranks of atomix...all you have to do is buy the program.

Posted Wed 16 Feb 05 @ 12:31 pm
WTF ! What do u think ur ! behave dude ! , well i used to play Live and i used to play live on radio channel in my country , well theres alot of nooby questions ! they can read some text files bla bla ! and i dont give a shit bout those who u were talkin about ! as me the best Dj that i really belive on em Tiesto hes like techno god ! and behave plz dont get me mad cuz ur the one whos gonna lose ;)

Posted Wed 16 Feb 05 @ 2:11 pm
And exusme me ! i cant get 500 bucks haha !!, well i used to get like 700 $ in 1 week , and thats really good in my country im arabian anyway , so stop foolin around ;)

Posted Wed 16 Feb 05 @ 2:19 pm
I've used vinyl for about 6 years, can't beat the feeling you get on real decks. The MP3 mixing is fun and I use Traktor DJ on my PC but you cannot beat a set of real deck sand a mixer and the smell on brand new vinyl.

Posted Sat 19 Feb 05 @ 2:49 pm
swiftydj
i agree 100 percent, but there comes a time when you just want to BLOW the other so called REAL DJs off the map, not only of the map but off the earth. So when a jock has about 6 months of daily use on atomix, hands on tecno stuff won't be able to compete. Hands on decks is the way to go for personal satisfaction, but to make it easy on ya...use atomix....gives you more time to think of what to do next to frenzy up the crowd.

Posted Fri 25 Feb 05 @ 12:53 am
and um......Dj Vox...if you read what i said .....i was making 1000 dollars a night 20 yrs ago...not 700 a week....as far as having done radio..well...so have i...i have also played live at clubs,weddings,bar mitzvahs,partys,raves AND been live on t.v. (but not under this name)...like i said......some of us here are really truely INTERNATIONAL JOCKS.....D.J. Cj-Dimitris has stuff on air in the U.K all the time and he lives in greece....i have had stuff on air in canada, uk and austrailia but happen to think Dimitris mixes better than me. until you have as much acclaim as Dimitris and have a site where we can get your mixes then please kep your better than everyone else comments to your self....if it came to a mix-down lets get hot show down on atomix or decks you would lose....32 yrs in the biz tells me so....yet there are kids here who are better than me now and will be awesom in anothewr few years...try to be like them and be cool man....its not about winning or losing here...its about the mixing...do a mix and let us get it :-))

Posted Fri 25 Feb 05 @ 1:07 am
hey all

i think atomixmp3 is a fantastic program for the millenium DJ. have to admit though, nothing beats the vinyl, turntables & mixer....three basic pieces of equipment to get the crowd moving.

i for one am old school DJ, but atomixmp3 allows a greater variety of experimenting & more mixing in the least amount of time. on the flip side, it takes away that "real" DJ feel of headset on one ear, finger spinning one record to get the beat right, while your using your other fingers to slow down/speed up the other record. i guess theres pros & cons for both "real" DJ mixing & atomixmp3 mixing.

at the end of the day, were not here to compare/critisize the artform, but to get the crowd pumping. isnt that what they pay us to do ?

to the max

Posted Sat 26 Feb 05 @ 3:01 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)