Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: @Everyone

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

jukesyPRO InfinityMember since 2003
For a couple of years now there has been talk from the users of atomixmp3 to try and change peoples perception of digital mixing.
From competitions to mix CD's, dedicatd radio stations to open air concerts, everything has been named but yet nothing has ever been done.

Come on isnt it about time we all did something together.

There are over 1.5 million users of Atomixmp3 but few people in the UK respect it as a viable means of DJing.

The last "great" event organised was the NescafeLive competition. However that ended up as a sham. Out of the few of us who made it to the finals we were told:

"sorry you need decks to compete in the finals. Atomix was just used so everyone could enter via the web"

Once the first round was over where did Atomix feature then? No one was interested, and only distant memory of the atomix name past on with the rest of the competition.

This isnt on. Back then there was never any intention of giving the prize to an Atomix User. Instead it went to some ten-a-penny Vinyl DJ who mixed another "Ibiza greatest hits from last....." set. (sorry Trip nicked your quote from an old topic hope you dont mind)

Native Instrument's Traktor, on the other hand, has thousands of fans within the UK. Purely and simply because of Final Scratch. Although they only have around 100K users, they have very big, and groundbreaking DJ's associated with them such as Richie Hawtin etc..

Who does atomix have?

Carl f*ing Cox? What the f*ck? whats going on? Some past it Commercial pop DJ. Where is the innovative, groundbreaking and ultimately industry revolutionising criteria in him?!?! (No offence Carl you're just not my idea of a good image for atomix productions)

Sorry to rant now. But with all the talk of pro controllers, pricing and "its not how you do it its the way that it sounds" crap going on in the previous topic, I thought I would voice my opinion.

I have been using atomix software now for four years. (all be it one year was a poor hack) but.... I feel that nothing is being done to increase the awareness of our genre. There are many talented DJ's amongst us who can really give the so called Pro Vinyl DJ's a run for there money but no one will take us seriously. Come on guys if we all put our efforts together we could organise something huge. How about an "ATOMIXMP3 PRODUCTIONS PRESENTS" concert or a real competition. Even a CD. Im sure there are hundreds of users who would like to contribute.

The way it is at the moment, unless you have a piece of black plastic to play with no one will take you seriously and im afraid that the Vinalists were right a couple of years back. Computer DJing will eventually die a slow and painful death.

Shite aint it.

Jukesy

Posted Wed 13 Aug 03 @ 3:44 am
Well i have been thinking along these lines for a while, i'm in england if you want to team up to try organise an event i'll be up for it ;)

Posted Wed 13 Aug 03 @ 7:13 pm
Sounds good to me.

Werent you in Canada for a while?

Anyways, Ill definately be up for organising something like that.

See who else is interseted within the Atomix ranks. You can get my MSN information of DJ Homeboy if you want to contact me. Ill be away for the next couple of daus though.

Cheers

Steve

Posted Wed 13 Aug 03 @ 7:17 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
I would like to be involved but England is very far for me to go. But lets talk. :)

Posted Wed 13 Aug 03 @ 8:51 pm
Hi Everyone. I`m Christiano from brasil. I`ve been using Atomix since the 2.0 version, and i really decided to replace all my Pro-equipment to turn on a Digital Dj. As a matter a fact, I`m just a mobile Dj, providing sound to the small parties, and sometimes at some another small places. Since when i`ve had my pair of Technics or, even my recent Denon dual deck, i `ve became fascinated about the technology of the mp3`s files, and i found out the way to mix them using Atomix. Concerning about the night clubs aborting this technology, i think that the main reason it`s because our PC system it`s not reliable enought and, if is there another reason, about dj`ing with a digital system, It`s a shame. That`why i was posting coments , looking for a professional controller to use with atomix, just the way the Denon`s or Pioneer`s do. Professional controller means that we can be able to do mixes just the same way as the cd players. Now-a-days, most part of the clubs here in Brasil don`t use turntables anymore, because of the price of the vinnyl singles. Just CD players. Now, we can find many cd players wich plays both audio files and mp3, and besides, they can make "real time scraches". So, it is getting harder now to turn to use Pc`s based on digital players. It`s a pitty. If we had a professional controller, It will be better to try to overcome these sort of new equipments, just like the pioneer CDJ-1000, Denon S 5000 and the brand new Numark CDX-1

Posted Thu 14 Aug 03 @ 7:32 am
Well Jukesy....i have to disagree with you on something here and i quote.......There are many talented DJ's amongst us who can really give the so called Pro Vinyl DJ's a run for there money.........atomixmp3 give a vinyl dj a run for their money?....not a chance!!...why?...because the poor vinyl djs don't even have a chance.....with the proper set up.....2 moniters...running into a mainframe that has a processer greater than 1.5 gigs...about 2 gigs of ram.....about 100 gigs of mp3s (over 10,000 songs) with the bit rate at 256.... a good pre amp into a real life mixer...and then into a kick ass sound system...then count all the special effects we can use and or download off the net....the vinyl dj won't even enter into the picture because the vinyl dj is not even in the same musical universe. and by the way.....i am one of those OLD djs (50) and i think the up and comming djs are by far the best crop yet....and yes...i mix,play and listen to ALL the newest stuff that i can get my hands on.....anything else is old foggey stuff.......lol

Posted Tue 19 Aug 03 @ 10:21 am
Nicely said Raw Bear

Posted Tue 19 Aug 03 @ 2:35 pm
loujrHome userMember since 2002
i think mabe there should be something in each major part of the world like one in manhattan, one in england,ext.

Posted Tue 19 Aug 03 @ 8:52 pm
If this a battle between Turntables and Computer djing? Im gonna say there is no battle between the two, While down here in Cali there aint i don't know where ya live but its more of a is the dj gonna use turntables or is he/she gonna use digital turntables like the cdj's, but like me and my friends and most djs prefer real turntables or have 1 cd player because they are good and more than an cd but i dont hear many djs say there gonna use there computer or laptop with a dj program but i aint dissing atomix or vdj because when i tested them i thought they were good maybe some more work but over all i think there is no competion between turntables and computer djing its more of a turntables versus digital djing with cds.

Posted Sat 23 Aug 03 @ 4:49 am
woo-hoo.........dj tone..you HAVE to come on up to canada and see what i do with a home system and my computer using atomix....now if i had a pro system..you know...a stereo mixer running off into 2 - 600 watt mono amps a couple of bass kickers powered by a third amp dedicated just to the kickers......and the speaker system with some damn fine mids and some crisp high rangers....all controlled from my computer generated atomixmp3....i would kick the vinyl DJs butt out past Saturn...and when he hit neptune he would be going the speed of light....and he WOULD leave my musical universe....i am a fairly new user of atomix....less than a year....and believe you me.....i can not think of EVER going back to plastic....mp3s recorded @ 256 or better are just as good as ANY commercial c.d. and take up a lot less room....can you carry 10,000 songs in one hand?......i can...and then the effects....naw...atomix rocks...let me re-phrase that

ATOMIX ROCKS THE UNIVERSE

anyways........good to see you here discussing......that how we all learn and i thank you for your input. Raw-Bear

Posted Sat 23 Aug 03 @ 1:28 pm
See DJ Tone. This is exactly the kind of opinion that needs to be quashed. :))

Have you heard anyone who is good (and I mean really good) using atomix, traktor, pcdj, or others. Not heard of Kid606?

Glad you joined the discussion its good to have opinions from turntablists.

Maybe you would be interested in the concert. Hopefully it will be Turntables Vs. Atomix.

Jukesy

Posted Sat 23 Aug 03 @ 2:03 pm
i also have to add this....80 gig hard drives are not that uncommon today and a lot of people have one...if you allow 1 min for every meg of sound...that 80 gig hard drive will carry over 11,000 songs,11428 if all songs were 7 minutes. if you had a lot of 3 min songs and beat mixs sound effects etc.... the amount of different sounds you could carry would go UP. if i was carrying plastic,the gig would be over before i got set up....so...a lap-top with an 80 gig external hard drive would be a lot easier to carry than a production crew to help carry your songs in....and if anyone says that an ATOMIX D.J. does not work as hard as a vinyl dj...they r right.....lol......we have more time to enjoy the crowd...we can que in about 20 secs and have the beat matched and rocking.....i LOVE being a D.D.J. (digital d j)

ps...i would love to hear about an atomix get together...bet you guys would kick butt

Posted Sun 24 Aug 03 @ 9:30 pm
I agree. Atomix is the new generation, But it doest mean it`s worse. Mp3 it`s "the revolution" on audio. The matter is that now, this technology is getting better and more developed then ever before. We can find many professional CD players with mp3 support. But i still prefer using my PC because of its storable capacity. Besides, as you said, mp3 higher than 192 kbps has no decrease of quality.

Posted Mon 25 Aug 03 @ 5:53 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)