Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: I like Atomix more than the new Virtual Dj !

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Well im a long time atomix user from the days when it wasnt even called atomix yet. I finally got to spend some time with the new and unrelated to atomix software VIrtual DJ.

Im not saying anything is wrong with Virtual Dj but i honestly think atomix is the better software, at least for me.

Now ive been very vocal in trying to get some of the features in virtual dj added such as being able to zoom the beat window, beat tap lights etc, and they do work well but when it comes down to actually mixing music atomix just seems to work smoother for me.

I guess its sorta like using manual turntables such as a 1200 vs something like a pioneer cd deck. The Pioneer is better in everyway on paper and you should be able to do more and everything you can do on a 1200 you can still do but somehow its just different when your doing it

For example the atomix beatwindow doesnt have the zooming and the atomix feature cant hold beats in sync so you have to nudge it a bit while fading, but that method although a little more work sounds tighter than the beatlocks on virtual dj

Im not going to make a huge post comparing everything since they are somewhat the same and yet different, but just wanted to share my thoughts on how i still enjoy atomix more

Posted Fri 11 Jul 03 @ 5:02 pm
jukesyPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Its just a matter of getting use to the changes. I found atomix better at first but once you get used to VJ, the amazing sound quality, a decent skin and your atomixmp3 shortcuts its better.

I se where your coming from however

Posted Fri 11 Jul 03 @ 11:37 pm
you should compare atomixmp3 v1.0 with vdj version 1.02 not the 2.2 cause with atomix in the begging also we had problems...that latter was solved..Vdj is a very good program and it is based in the same logic as atomix.yes it inclouds more features that you can enable/disable but you can disable all extra features and run it as atomix...i mean its flexible...you can do whatever you want with it...The big question is:Does he makes all the stuff and keep stable??? the answear is : I dont know yet i am still testing it:)

Posted Mon 14 Jul 03 @ 8:17 pm
Hm, i also thought that i love Atomix more, but i played around with it and... Now i love it VDJ more than atomix.

I had to optimize my System and now VDJ works great.

I only miss the "Automix-Length"-Setting in VDJ - thats the only thing Atomix tops VDJ.

Both are great, but VDJ is more advanced

Posted Tue 15 Jul 03 @ 11:06 pm
dj jcaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
What happened with AtomixMP3????
I was waiting for the new version of Atomix, but I got surprised with the new Virtual DJ.
Nothing wrong with Virtual DJ, but Atomix could be better, if the developers spend more time to fix some bugs and focus on performance. But I believe that Atomix Productions is following the same philosophy like Microsoft, to make “new software” with new bugs, skipping the real problems and making the new product more expensive.
I am hopping that this is not the end of AtomixMP3.

Posted Wed 16 Jul 03 @ 6:43 pm
Atomix better ? Keep experiencing please before posting.

Posted Fri 18 Jul 03 @ 12:45 pm
kurfuHome userMember since 2003

Atomix has served me well for the past several months. However, it is a bit disappointing to see some of the features that were requested here show up only in the new virtualDJ program.

Nothing fancy, mind you.

Specifically--
1. the ability to audition a track without dropping it into a player
2. fixing the history file so that it doesn't include songs that got put into the player, but never played...

-sigh-

-John

Posted Fri 18 Jul 03 @ 10:31 pm
dj jcaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Virtual DJ runs slow in my computer. No problems with AtomixMp3. Is this the dead of AtomixMp3??? No more updates???

Posted Wed 30 Jul 03 @ 10:32 pm
polarHome userMember since 2003
hey guys, have been lurking these forumsfor a while now, and just wanted to give my views on all this. First i agree with the topic, i do like atomixmp3, better than virtualdj. I only have the demo versions of both, but thats because i do not require the full version. I think that its a bit unfair to the members who were the first to by virtualdj, only to find out that its really buggy, not to mention a memory hog. Im not saying that its bad or anything, just that it needs work. Now i was reading on the Virtualdj forums that the updates for Virtualdj being compared to windows, how microsoft charges users for each upgrade blah blah blah. But the way i see it is tnat when they release a new windows, its stable, the finished product, and not a hurried buggy version. See it seems that you guys will improve it with time, but not fair to the users who expected a finished product. I thinnk it woulkd of been better for the team to have worked on virtualdj longer, had gotten all the bug worked out, well most, tested it thourally, and then released for the public. I know i know most of you will say atomix was like this when they first started, but then it should of been said, that the first release will be like this. I estimate that virtualdj will be a better product by the 2.0+, but we'll see. thanks for the time . ~just my two cents~

Posted Thu 31 Jul 03 @ 3:42 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I'm using VDJ 5 nights a week in bars & clubs... I'm not having any problems!

Posted Thu 31 Jul 03 @ 5:08 pm
I like all the features of VDJ better, but it runs slower (and sometimes it even gets choppy) on my PC.

How do you "optimize" your system?

Posted Sat 02 Aug 03 @ 7:56 pm
DJ CocoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
VirtualDJ requieres a powerfull machine to run properly..
But please ask any question of virtualdj in Virtualdj`s forum

Posted Sun 03 Aug 03 @ 2:19 am
"when they[Microsoft] release a new windows, its stable, the finished product, and not a hurried buggy version"

Huh ? What about the tons of service packs ?

Posted Mon 11 Aug 03 @ 11:37 pm
loujrHome userMember since 2002
vdj and atomix are bassicly the same exept for skins and effects

Posted Thu 14 Aug 03 @ 6:29 pm
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
You're totally wrong. Please take the time to test Virtual DJ and you'll see the software is really different.

Posted Thu 14 Aug 03 @ 7:40 pm
djill2kHome userMember since 2003
Well both atomix and vdj have worked wonders for me, i have had no big problems for neither, the only problem with vdj was that excessive scratching caused it to crash, this wasn't good b/c i was going to use that software at a club gig!! I ended up using atomix that nite, and it worked well. I'm going to try to breakdown the main differences as far as me experiementing with it. I've noticed that VDJ's sound clarity is a lot better than atomix, (the sound engine is better), i've also noticed that beatmatching on the atomix software seems a lot smoother, for some reason VDJ sounds rough, being a user of 1200 tables and 700's cd deck, in the real world they sound noticibly different, however in the "virtual" world they sound very much the same. It's not the same feel as the 1200's on VDJ, i understand it's on it's 1st realese, hopefully the next few ones will improve the little problems that it has. Anywho both Programs are great, I use them in the clubs a lot.. Good stuff, Keep the good work up :)

Posted Sat 16 Aug 03 @ 8:21 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)