Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Virtual DJ Looks..!!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

xiomanHome userMember since 2002
Is it just me or does Virtual DJ look ugly as HELL?

Not to diss anyone, I think you guys have an excellent product, but you need to work on the graphic design... Same goes for the website... It looks unprofessional!

Tips from a webmaster to Dams or whoever it's that's designing the website:

Red fonts don't go with black bacground!
The Red borders on the tables are too intense
Use Arial 10 pt font for better and more professional overall look.

Let's not even talk about the actual software... What's up with greenis/brownish look (NASTY)
Same go for the messed up red stripes...
Artistically blue, red, black, brown, and green DON'T MIX!

Please, take this as a constructive criticism.. I know it may sound tough, but maybe, this way.. you guys will listen and not ignore this post!

If you guys need any help, please don't hesitate to contact me... Best of luck!

Posted Tue 03 Jun 03 @ 12:16 am
Please excuse some of the mistyping erros (An Edit button will really help :)

You should consider PHBB or Vbulletin...!

Posted Tue 03 Jun 03 @ 12:19 am
Don't worry. I think folks will design skins for the virtualDJ as well. The AtomixMP3 program is clunky when I first tried it out, then I got a new skin and it looked and functioned better than the original skin.

Although I do agree they do need a makeover of thier site really bad. They have to project a more professional look and feel. It's so 2nd generation design.

Posted Tue 03 Jun 03 @ 4:28 am
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
The "website" like you said is just a "coming soon" page. Of course there is a big difference between this page and the real future website. Same thing for the software. If you are a designer or a webmaster, you must know that making a professional site requires a lot of hours. Making a coming soon page requires less than 30 minutes. Think a bout it...

Posted Tue 03 Jun 03 @ 7:47 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Sir

Why have you bothered to post this..... Of course you think it looks bad but I tell you it feels great ! Before you post things please think about what you type. As dams said we don't just make up pages of code they need to be designed. That picture you are looking at is outdated.

Posted Tue 03 Jun 03 @ 9:01 am
So there are new pictures of VDJ???? Let me see, let me seeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
:o)

GnoedeL

Posted Tue 03 Jun 03 @ 1:06 pm
Calm down people! The website is a work in progress. Even Rome wasn't built in a day. The Atomix people have to worry about getting ready to release VirtualDJ then to worry about the website.

They have to make sure they fix all the bugs on it, then work on the marketing aspect of it and when they have their p's & q's ready then they can do a roll out including website.

Those are my assumptions. I'm a web designer and developer so I know how the process works. Once that's done. The website can be built in 3 days or less. At least from my perspective.

Posted Tue 03 Jun 03 @ 7:42 pm
When can we expect Virtual DJ to be released? Yes, yes I know...when the bugs are fixed etc etc. But are we talking weeks or months?

Posted Tue 03 Jun 03 @ 10:31 pm
Yes, I agree with the amount of work that requires to make a website, and I'm very glad, it's just a demo page, and that the pic is outdated.... But in my opinion, when you announce a product you should emphasize on graphics since, you're only giving a pic, not an actual features demo, and that's what's going to keep people interested and it looks much more professionally...!

Just my 50 cent ;)
Good luck to you all!

Keep it up!

P.S. I really do prefer AtomixMP3 over Traktor DJ Studio & PCDJ FX.... One feature I would really love to see in Virtual DJ, that atomix lacks and it's very important and very useful is a manual loop in & loop out functionality!

Thx again.. & KEEP IT UP!

Posted Wed 04 Jun 03 @ 5:26 am
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
just a note to say that if we put here php BB or vbulletin

1 - server will explode regarding the CPU charge phpBB and others uses !!!

2 - hackers will use lot of security leaks still present in the current releases to access your accounts...

So : no way to update the forums to Php BB :)

Posted Wed 04 Jun 03 @ 1:06 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)