Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Which is the correct splitter?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

First of all I'm aware that I need to buy the full version of Atomix in order to get the 'pre-listen' thing to work properly. I'm just waiting til I get paid on Monday before I purchase it.

What i'd like to know is, which of the following web pages contain the correct splitter.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/products/module.asp?CartID=030601195939474&moduleno=11426&modulecode=

http://www.maplin.co.uk/products/module.asp?CartID=030601195939474&moduleno=1221&modulecode=

http://www.maplin.co.uk/products/module.asp?CartID=030601195939474&moduleno=28113&modulecode=

http://www.maplin.co.uk/products/module.asp?CartID=030601195939474&moduleno=1169&modulecode=

I'd like the output from Atomix to go to the headphones and my stereo (obviously). My stereo has phono sockets so I also need to know if the cable on the following page is the right one.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/products/module.asp?CartID=030601195939474&moduleno=10926&modulecode=

Thanks,
Paul

Posted Sun 01 Jun 03 @ 10:01 pm
you just need a rca to mini plug cord...ill if u need futher pictures i think the manual can show you this!!!

YOUR WELCOME!!!

Posted Sun 01 Jun 03 @ 10:48 pm
So i don't read a splitter at all? I'd appreciate it if you could show me the pics.

Posted Mon 02 Jun 03 @ 9:46 am

Posted Mon 02 Jun 03 @ 3:11 pm
I have one of those cables, now what? Where do I put my headphones? I've set Atomix up for single sound card + speaker & headphones but now what!?

Posted Tue 03 Jun 03 @ 10:27 pm
ok sry im so late just been busy....
What I have suggested for most people in your situation is to just get two sound cards...a simple PCI card should suffice. You can purchase these for under $20 and this will broaden the horizon's for an external mixtable and 3D sound if you purchase 3d sound card(s). You have to look in the back of your stereo base for an RCA output, this will make the sound from your computer goto the reciever and produce sound through your stereo speakers...like I said connect the RCA to the two aux outputs and then connect the 3.5 mm mini plug to the computers sound card...(most sound cards have there stereo out port marked green so look for green!) Then You will be succesfully able to play sounds through your stereo!!

TELL ME IF I MISSED ANYTHING?

Posted Wed 04 Jun 03 @ 3:27 pm
I'm aware of how to connect the cables up!

Let me start again.

* I only have 1 sound card
* The only cable i have is an RCA (3.5mm plug at one end and 2x phono plugs at the other end)
* I want to be able to 'pre-listen' to a tune through headphones before it comes through the speakers.

I'm pretty sure I need a splitter, I just don't know which type.

Posted Thu 05 Jun 03 @ 8:12 am
Dude I hate to tell you but the setup Is the one that is way tooooo confusing...
for the first time

I can't Help you!!!!

Its much more easier to dish out $20 bucks and get a PCI sound card; trust me It will save you alot of trouble with different connectors and cables, so if you wanted to buy the full version and setup the external mixtable you wont have to be searching for the right plug in a jungle of cables... be well worth the purchase!!!

TRUST ME

Posted Thu 05 Jun 03 @ 3:26 pm
Hi guys,

Just to say to paul... The best thing to do in your situation is what the other guy said above. Get another sound card and use the dual soundcard output!! U can get a Soundblaster live 5.1 digital for £30.00. I got one the other week!! It works a treat. I assume you are english because of them web-sites you posted earlier are english. Dont bother with the splitters because you will more than likely end up getting the wrong one!! its not worth it.

Just My advice...

Dj Dark Storm

Posted Thu 05 Jun 03 @ 3:55 pm
so dark storm i assume your not using the demo if you have the 2 soundcard cofig running!?!

Posted Thu 05 Jun 03 @ 7:18 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I use a splitter 5 nights a week. (a cable with a mini plug on one end, and 2 rca plugs on the other) No problems with just a basic onboard laptop sound card.
interesting tho, that I didn't have the configuration options back when I was a demo user... That was several years ago, so tell me demo users... does the demo has sound config options now?? Or are you full version users who have not Registered?

Posted Thu 05 Jun 03 @ 8:43 pm
Mr. Toffee I'M gonna put it like this.

OK, if you have a Demo, you cannot use the pre listening option of Atomix, no matter what cable and or sound card you buy. That’s, if your Atomix is legitimate.
If you do have the full version, try to find out if your sound card is 3D capable, if it is use that, by choosing 3D option in the Atomix configuration with the head-phone option. That case you can listen to your upcoming songs while the other plays at the same time.
If not, go and buy a second sound Card.

Good Luck.

Posted Fri 06 Jun 03 @ 10:40 am
Yo walkers.. if u notice in the post i say that i brought a Soundblaster live 5.1 digital.. i didnt say that i use it in atomix!! Also i know there is a dual soundcard function as it says on the home page of this web site.. so b4 u go accusing people of things that just arn't true, u mite want to actually read the post.

i still have the demo version but my guess is that it would be so much easier to use the dual soundcard funtion instead of using the splitters and getting it wrong.

Read the post next time..

Dj Dark Storm

Posted Fri 06 Jun 03 @ 2:12 pm
Also just to clear things up... the part where i said it workz a treat means that my soundblaster live workz a trea with atomix and not with the dual soundcard function.. The reason i said that was it becasue we had the issues with the skipping and the sounblaster live dont skip on mine..

Just wish peeps would read it first..

Dj Dark Storm

Posted Fri 06 Jun 03 @ 2:17 pm
OK...SO HOW CAN U USE THE DUAL SOUND CARDS IN THE FIRST PLACE?????

Posted Fri 06 Jun 03 @ 3:08 pm
lol.. who said i ever did use the dual soundcard option? Man u guys read these posts and just go mouthin off saying things that are just untrue.

All i did was buy a soundblaster 5.1 for my pc and decided to try it in atomix. With the demo u cant choose the soundcard configuration so i ASSUME that it is just going through the one soundcard. It must be as i took my old soundcard out... I think the Full version users just like to moan at the demo users for some reason..

Dj Dark Storm

Posted Fri 06 Jun 03 @ 3:59 pm
let me just quote you Dark Storm
"U can get a Soundblaster live 5.1 digital for £30.00. I got one the other week!! It works a treat."

now read that and see that you say "It works a treat"

I'll accept an apology when your ready

;)

Posted Fri 06 Jun 03 @ 7:11 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
To be fair, there have been several times in the past that I too have thought that someone who has used atomixmp3 for years, (i believe in a previous post you said you have had it since it first came out) yet still shows up as a demo user may be using an illegal version. The program is only 60.00. If you have been so happy with it for all this time, why not join the family and purchase the full registered legal version, you would probably be a welcome addition to our core of users.
You'll find it here:
http://www.atomixmp3.com/download.html

When a demo user starts giving sound card advise, the Members, VIP members, & Teamers get a bit jumpy. If this offends you, I'm sure that we are all sorry. We just get a bit offended by the flow of hackers and lamers that violate our product.

Posted Fri 06 Jun 03 @ 7:36 pm
lol.. walkers!!

If u read back a few posts i actually did explain what i meant when i said "it workz a treat". Just read back on the first page of this thread to find the answer!!

I'll accept an Apology when URE Ready...

Dj Dark Storm

P.s please do try to read the posts..

Posted Fri 06 Jun 03 @ 8:29 pm
Hi Dj Rick,

i think u have come up with the most sensible post thus far since this whole thing started. i do still use the demo version of atomix but i have got the full version of traktor. The only reason why i have never bought the full version of atomix is because of the sound quality issues they have with it. i know this has been disscussed in previous posts butt I believe there is problems with it.. buts that just my reasons.

i think i will wait for Virtual Dj comes out and then see if i want to buy that.. but at the moment i'll stick with traktor.

Thankz for a sensible reply with no un-needed comments.

Dj Dark Storm

Posted Fri 06 Jun 03 @ 8:36 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)