Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: dj cypher read this!!!!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

lsdlsdHome userMember since 2002
we have copied a skin xml and bmp file. we have then adusted the xml file as we desired. we changed the bmp file to our own image. we do not know how to add buttons and sliders to the bmp image. can any body advise as we are not really competent when using xml. we have the skinref sheet, we have written the xml file but can not transfer it to an actual working skin can you help me?

Posted Fri 02 May 03 @ 7:00 pm
you need to make the buttons using a paint program e.g photoshop

Posted Fri 02 May 03 @ 7:13 pm
To made buttons and sliders i use "Macromedia Fireworks MX" in fact i use this program to made the bmp file for a skin. You can do it with any desgin software (illustrator, photoshop, whatever) but if you don't have any knowledges about graphic desgin could be very difficult.

Posted Fri 02 May 03 @ 7:25 pm
so what you are saying is to go into photoshop and draw out a bmp of two decks and mixer as i see fit and then write an xml file to coincide with the buttons and sliders i have drawn; i.e x =, y= and the slider or button in that area will move. is this correct?

Posted Mon 05 May 03 @ 7:51 pm
if you already have a picture you made just use photoshop to add the buttons!

Posted Mon 05 May 03 @ 11:14 pm
thats right, onces you have you pic you can add buttons and sliders, then you have to made te xml file. eg:

pos x="" y="" the possition where is the button or slider
size width="" height="" size of the button
and the function for that button.

http://www.atomixmp3.com/support/developers/skinref.html

Posted Tue 06 May 03 @ 5:19 pm
so im on the right tracks!! how do you know what position to write down? is there a specific way you work out that the crossfader for example is; x=29 y=48 or is just trial and error?

Posted Wed 07 May 03 @ 8:21 am
Well if you add the buttons with photoshop or fireworks you can view the possition of the button in the "info window" you just have to select the pic of the button, slider or whatever and in the info window you can se the pos (x,y) and de size (w and h); once you know that you can work with the xml file.

Greetings

Posted Wed 07 May 03 @ 5:06 pm
quality!!!! i think ive cracked it! hopefully soon ill be able to have a skin up and running. thanxs. this website is great, everyone seems to want to help, wicked.

Posted Wed 07 May 03 @ 7:22 pm
thats what we are here for :)

Posted Wed 07 May 03 @ 7:24 pm
good, i hope to see you skin soon. =)

Posted Thu 08 May 03 @ 3:27 am
are people making the skins entirly by hand or are they taking pictures of mixers and things and pasting them in?

Posted Thu 08 May 03 @ 8:27 am
most look like they are hand draw in a paint program

Posted Thu 08 May 03 @ 7:52 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)