Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Sound Configuration Question

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi everyone, I just wanted some feedback on what would be the best way to go as far as sound configuration goes. I'm planning on purchasing the Atomixmp3 software and wanted to know if I should invest in buying a 2nd sound card. I currently am running an Athlon 900 mhz processor on Windows XP with 384 MB RAM. I have onboard sound and one of those stereo to stereo y-splitters around here somewhere. Should I just use my y-splitter after purchasing the software or would I save a lot of time and headaches by just buying a new soundcard? I know this topic has been discussed on other threads but I just wanted some recommendations from some of the veteran atomixmp3 users. Thanks for any and all feedback.

Posted Fri 14 Mar 03 @ 5:33 am
BUY A 3-D SOUNDCARD !!! They are not that much either. You can grab a generic one for like $25 or get a Creative SB Live value for around $40.

Posted Fri 14 Mar 03 @ 6:28 am
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Forget the Y-Splitters! LOL The software is meant for a 3D soundcard.

Posted Fri 14 Mar 03 @ 8:25 am
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I see a Creative Labs Sound Blaster 16 PCI for around 30 bucks so I guess I'll buy that one since it has Directsound 3D.

Posted Sat 15 Mar 03 @ 3:51 pm
Sound Blaster 16 ?????? It released many many years ago :)
choise a soundblaster live or higher :)

Posted Sat 15 Mar 03 @ 4:47 pm
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
If you are looking for a budget soundcard get a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz. SB 16 PCI has a very low sound quality compared to modern cards. SB Audigy 2 (not 1) sounds closer to a pro card if you don't mind Creative.The best card for $99 is M-Audio Revolution.

Posted Sun 16 Mar 03 @ 4:06 am
zadiiiHome userMember since 2003
hello
i have 2 questions
1. sombody knows what is 3d card? and what the atomix configure when i tell him that i have 3d card?

2. i put in my computer 2 soundcard and only one working
when i out the atomix on the second the song doesn't play and the atomix begin to run slowly

NO E MAIL thanks

if somebody can help me in email or in this forum he will be blessed
thank you

Posted Tue 18 Mar 03 @ 9:56 am
mcs-itPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Zadiii, please update your profile inserting your serial number and we'll be able to help you on that.

The dual output feature is available only on the full version. So if you're using the demo you cannot play with two different channels.

Posted Tue 18 Mar 03 @ 8:22 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)