Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: HELP!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

jukesyPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Atomix is saying my internal database is corrupted when i try to start up. It then quits. How can I get round this without reinstalling.
Thanx

Posted Fri 07 Mar 03 @ 11:07 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
just delete the file "atomixmp3 internal database" and launch atomix again

sorry man, but I think all of your edited BPM's and comments are going to be GONE!

Posted Fri 07 Mar 03 @ 11:10 pm
jukesyPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Thanks guys. Got it sorted. Lost all bpms though. Oh well

Posted Fri 07 Mar 03 @ 11:12 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I tried saving one before... a couple months later I had the corrupt data base thing.. so I replaced it with the saved one... it worked for a couple days, the corrupt again...
I don't know if this helps or not... but every time I fire up my laptop at work, I let Atomix re-scan my hard drives... (even if I haven't added anything new)
I haven't had a corrupt database now in many many months...

Posted Fri 07 Mar 03 @ 11:16 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
I am always adding music so I delete the scanned files and rescan but it keeps the bpms and info of files so maybe thats why I have never received this error, not that I can remember anyways. Maybe it should be a reccomendation for users adding new music alot :)

Posted Sat 08 Mar 03 @ 2:01 am
Brian CHome userMember since 2001
Well unfortunately I get this at least once a week, have done since I started using it. I really wish it would be fixed. Could the problem be with the comments?

I use the comments a lot to store info on leadins etc, after editing a load of comments and close Atomix it really is a cross fingers job. More than 50% of the time the database goes corrupt. After editing loads of comments and losing them....you can imagine the frustration. lol recently I've been writing them on a bit paper because I ***know*** the database will go corrupt on me.

I've had this since the beginning (V1.12??? - I think), I do take regular backups, in fact i keep 4 previous backups at different dates, that's how bad the prob is for me.

Please Please address this problem!!!!!!
I can't use anything else.......I'm a dedicated Atomixer...lol

Posted Sat 08 Mar 03 @ 1:03 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)