Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: *NOOB QUESTION*

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi everyone

New Post from a Noobie but I may be able to help others.
My question:

I have just switched over from Visual Discomix (www.visualdiscomix.com) and have opted for Atomix because of it's excellent Automix algorithm's and it's ability to display Winamp visualisations. (Took me an hour or so to stop the crashes - if you need any tips then lets get a thread going!)

Anyway - a feature of discomix is the ability to 'get the BPM' for all files within a directory. I have over 2000 tunes in my directory and find it far easier to mix when I know the BPM of each tune. So far I only get the BPM of each track played and to go through 2000 songs will take me ages. Can I not just set a directory and get the program to analyise each file within that directory? It would make life far easier!

It may be a feature that I have overlooked but I am a Noobie and have searched over a 100 pages of the forums to no avail!

Congratulations on this great program. It is really easy to use so you can take a break during performances but is powerful enough to allow you to do good mixes 'live' - meaning you can stamp your personality on the night.

Any help would be appreciated, and if I could help anyone out with regards to hardware configurations/how to stop it crashing I will be glad to help out - I have built and studied PC hardware for years! (I'm just a bit crap at software!)

Help me get the BPM for all my tracks at once and I'll 'get the credit card out and buy!!':)

Posted Fri 28 Feb 03 @ 8:46 pm
Yes... If you go to the directory that you want to analyze, select the songs you want and then right-click. You should now get an option that says analyze.
This way you only analyze the song(s) that you have selected and not a whole drive.

- Jim Nordic

Posted Fri 28 Feb 03 @ 8:53 pm
Hi - thanks for the tip...Do I do this in Atomix or in Windows itself? I tried both and in Windows no analyise option came up and in Atomix it will only let me highlight 1 song at a time.....am I doing it wrong?

Posted Fri 28 Feb 03 @ 8:58 pm
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
There are two ways of doing this. First one is click on Search, Scan Hard Drive and place a check mart next to "Perform an extended analysis on each file.
Second way is to highlight tracks that you want in a certain folder from Atomix by clicking on a track once then clicking on another one at the bottom while holding the shift key, after they've been selected right click on the files and choose Analyse.

Posted Fri 28 Feb 03 @ 9:39 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)