Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: ATOMIXMP3 - The Future?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have AtomixMP3 V2.2 on my PC here at home & work.
I work for a local club and find it an extremely usefull tool!
I am currently looking to use a display package that I can add
graphics to and taylor messages (birthday shout out's etc.) that will be projected via a digital projector. Has anybody got any Ideas what sort of a package I could use? OR ... will AtomixMP3 be intergrating this sort of feature in future updates?
Thank you!
DJ HILLY

Posted Mon 17 Feb 03 @ 12:15 pm
Also where I might be able to get hold of this software if possible?!!

Posted Tue 18 Feb 03 @ 9:33 am
I'm not sure if it's as intuitive as can be but if you download the Winamp Vis-wrapper plugin for Atomix and then install Winamp+AVS(AdvancedVisualizationStudio) which are all free programs you would have a VERY flexible Vis-plugin that can be used on a secondary display(=projector) with only a small window present on your display.

However it seems to stop rendering to either display if it's minimized so you'll have to live with a small AVS-window on your screen while mixing, don't remember how it acts if it's behind another window(=Atomix) though...

Posted Tue 18 Feb 03 @ 12:08 pm
Aaaah, I shall give that a try! It sounds good!
Thank you!
Any other ideas are welcome! ....

Posted Tue 18 Feb 03 @ 12:54 pm
I have tried both the WINAMP thing and SONIQUE but with no joy! It's not quite what I am looking for. What I really am looking for is some software that allows me to project through a digital projector visualisations (similar to those on WINAMP & SONIQUE) but also allows me to edit text over the top and add graphics that can be 'morphed' and changed to the beat of the tune.
Anybody that has any other ideas (nomatter how daft you may think they are - I have tried everything I can think of!)
Thank you! :-)

Posted Tue 18 Feb 03 @ 1:35 pm
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Ok there is a Winamp plug-in available called Milkdrop @ www.geisswerks.com
It's pretty popular so you might have already heard of it. It's very customizable. It supports duel screens (running visuals on one and controlling them from another), it also supports custom messages and I think images as well. The problem is that last time I tried it with Atomix plugin for winamp it worked, but did not react to the beats. Now there is another way of doing this with either two soundcards or two computers. You can insert the line out of the music playing card into another soundcard's line-in or another computer and run winamp with a line-in plugin. I have done it and it worked great. We did that at the club using a projection screen, and I also have done it on a 65" HDTV. Looks pretty amazing!

Posted Wed 19 Feb 03 @ 1:28 am
Aaaaah yes - very good! I gave that a try - thank you I will test it out! What I am looking for however is more of a dedicated visualisations package? Any other ideas are welcome! :-P
Thank you

Posted Wed 19 Feb 03 @ 1:58 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)