Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: cuing songs in headphones

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have the one soundcard. Soundblaster Audigy Platinum EX...
I configured my system as per the instructions. ie. pick one soundcard and the headphones-- from the configuration menu.. and i still have problems hearing the song in my headphones. What am I doing wrong? I want to be able to preview and cue the song in my headphones before I play it... Can someone please assist me!!!!

Posted Sat 15 Feb 03 @ 4:17 am
GrimmPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Make sure you have choosen the "3D" sound card and the Speaker/Headphones options. The front channel output is the main speakers connection, and the rear channel is the headphones. The center speaker/bass connection on the sound card is not used. Also, you stated you have the Platinum variation, which has the front access panel. Do NOT use the headphone connection on the front panel. Use the rear output on the sound card itself.

Once hooked up properly, here is how it works:

Song is currently playing on deck one. You place a track on deck 2. You will notice that now deck 2 is the "main" selected deck. That deck will now playback through your headphones. On most skins you will have a headphone volume control. This volume control will allow you to listen to the secondary track (in this case, deck 1) in your headphones. On the skin itself as well, you can choose which deck you want to be the main deck. Whichever deck you choose to be the main deck, will be what you hear through the headphones. The secondary deck will always be controlled by the headphone volume control on the skin.

Grimm

Posted Sat 15 Feb 03 @ 12:53 pm
Jus10Home userMember since 2003
i use my front output to cue...works fine. just cant change the volume, but i love it

Posted Sun 16 Feb 03 @ 4:14 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)