Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: anyone fancy previewing my mix album?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

jukesyPRO InfinityMember since 2003
My mix is now permanently on Kazaa (Until I get it professionaly pressed). Its not the final version, but pretty much finished. If anyone would like to preview it for me and let me know what you think its called "Vers0702". And also if anyone knows of any sites that will host 70MB of webspace could you let me konw please.

Thanks,

Jukesy

Posted Wed 12 Feb 03 @ 5:24 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
DJHomeboy.com will do it !

Ya thats me, I have 200mb's currently just sitting there. Haven't had time to work on the site so I can feature your mix. Maybe thats what I will do, post new mixes along with pictures and info. What do you guys think ?

Currently I can't find it on kazaa :(

Posted Wed 12 Feb 03 @ 8:00 pm
sounds brilliant.
How can I upload my mix? I can also give you a full track listing.
Thanks DJ Homeboy,

Jukesy

Posted Wed 12 Feb 03 @ 8:15 pm
Well, you could send it to me online through a im program like icq or msn. Or you could upload it to the ftp and I could move it to the proper location. So you can e mail me at djhomeboy@atomixmp3.com and we can sort it out. If you have ICQ or msn leave the info here :)

Posted Thu 13 Feb 03 @ 2:50 am
I now have a msn messenger account I have sent you an email to djhomeboy@atomixmp3.com if you could let me know your contact details i will send you the files

Posted Thu 13 Feb 03 @ 7:12 pm
That's a really awesome idea Homeboy!!

phatty720
dave

Posted Thu 13 Feb 03 @ 8:00 pm
I am waiting a reply from my web provider. So I will get in touch with you soon..... You can add me to msn if you want its homeboy26@sympatico.ca

Posted Thu 13 Feb 03 @ 11:20 pm
if you log in to msn now i can send you the mix. It should take around 35 minutes if you have a cable modem.
Thanks

Posted Thu 13 Feb 03 @ 11:28 pm
thanks to the efforts of dj homeboy, (cheers mate)
you can now listen to or download my mix from www.djhomeboy.com/index2.htm

Posted Fri 14 Feb 03 @ 7:50 pm
Really awesome mix !! I was blown away and dont impress to easily since ive been doing this since 96. Not only was the mixing top notch, but it was so fresh and creative. I honestly was expecting some run of the mill "ibiza greatest hits from last" house mix" but you really droped something totally new

much respect. And to anyone who says you cant use atomix for professional results i say just check your mix out. I mean to be able to make a mix like that on real turntables you would need to use a good deal of studio tricks and overdubs etc, but atomix makes it so fast to load and sync and loop tracks to be able to create something like you did.

Im listening to it as i type this still and it just gets better the more i listen

Posted Fri 14 Feb 03 @ 9:59 pm
oh yeah, forgot to ask you, did you do it just on atomix or with an external mixer and some post production work etc ?

Posted Fri 14 Feb 03 @ 10:00 pm
DJ Homeboy: You like change or what? How many different designs have you had on your site... Every time I go to your site... there's something new...
I think it's cool... keep going...

- Jim

Posted Fri 14 Feb 03 @ 10:21 pm
Hi liquid,
Thanks for such positive feedback. To answer your question, I used a laptop, Atomixmp3, A Numark EM260 mixer with kaoss pad, and I do have to confess there was a little post production work, with throwing in certain tunes or samples of tunes, also sound normalising etc... Atomixmp3 was extensively used for the first part of making this cd, creating mixes, putting ideas together and just generally experimenting. I started off with a list of my favourite tunes, (there were about a hundred). It took 2 months to come up with the final structure of the mix. Certain songs were left out because they didnt fit anymore and sometimes I added new songs that I simply had to put in. Im glad all the hard work payed off and I impressed you. Thanks for your feedback.
Jukesy

Posted Mon 17 Feb 03 @ 2:37 pm
every body here is mixing hez own type of music soo .......shut da fuck upp 3ashan am mixx\ing da anual2003minestry of sound and ......00 - my eyez is like 2 egeezz white ....and hehe .....see ya in marcov dis thurs .....

Posted Wed 19 Feb 03 @ 2:29 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)